gotta question...

231twannabe

Title or registration issued
New owner reported
Exempt from odometer reporting

What does this mean? Does it mean that the odometer has flipped 100k? The reason I ask is that I'm looking at a car that shows an 86 being titled in 90, then registered in 98 (no mileage data), then again in 2000 (no mileage data), then a new owner reported and exempt from odometer reporting, then an odometer reading of 77k in 2003.

What's your opinion on the odometer reading? 77k or 177k?

Off the top of my head......this might help.

In WI any vehicle over 10 years of age is not registered with recorded mileage. The assumption is that a vehicle that old has exceeded the mechanical limitsof the odometer (turned over). Other states probably follow the same or similar policies. State rules can be found in the Polk book for registration. It's a reference for DMV people. And very handy for all kinds of related info. Should be in your local library.

I have an old copy (over 2 years), let me know the state and I'll look it up for you....later.

Thanks for the information. I had heard that before, but didn't even think about that possibly being the case. That did show up in 2002, so that makes sense.

it was in Arkansas

Thanks again.

Brandon