Gotta ask the value on a engine

Camfreek

Thanks Rob!!!
Got a local guy that has a old turbo 6 motor laying at his place with the trans. It is a 4 barrel carbed turbo motor. He was going to sell it to me for $225 and one of his guys working there was telling him how rare they are and such, now the guy wants $3000 for it and thats not a typo. I really have no need for it, but I did wan the trans and crank and timing cover for spares.

So can you guys tell me what the engine is really worth????

I told the guy I would get him a real price on it not a dreamers price!

Thanks

OMG!! tell that guy theres a nice place where he can stick that motor. a decent 1983 carbed T-type is about that price. there was a decent running carbed turbo engine about an 83 for sale somewhere in Socal for about 750 bucks, complete with trans. no more than 750 IMHO for a stock carbed good running engine. Now if there were some performance mods done to the engine and its running faster ETs than stock, Maybe id pay a bit more depending on what was done...

shoot for 3000 you could go 86/87 SFI complete with trans and some decent mods...

REALLY. the block is very similar to what every v6 2 bbl 3.8 car came with.... same heads; same engine mounts, same timing cover, same intake manifold pattern; only the crank and pistons, cam, and intake manifold...as well as the exhaust...are different' yet; for 3 grand one could get a quality rebuilt SFI engine block; for the price, one could get an used complete SFI set up?

I bought my 80 take out for $200 with everything but the ESC box and a spun bearing and melted pistons. Had accesories, exhaust, good TH350 ect.

$300 ish might be better, that $250 sounds right on. Its rare but nobody wants them.

Yeah

God really only if it runs, its been sitting for years. I told him the 86/87 motor are where the money is and he swears cause its RARE its worth lots of money. I had the deal to buy it for 250 till one of the guys working there opened his mouth. Half the ehuast pipes are torched up and its not the best shape. It just kinda piss' me off seeing I was going to get it and wanted it for some extra parts and now its wothr so much. I told they guy you could get a whole car for that price and he thinks I am nuts and lying so I can get his motor cheaper......

God really only if it runs, its been sitting for years. I told him the 86/87 motor are where the money is and he swears cause its RARE its worth lots of money. I had the deal to buy it for 250 till one of the guys working there opened his mouth. Half the ehuast pipes are torched up and its not the best shape. It just kinda piss' me off seeing I was going to get it and wanted it for some extra parts and now its wothr so much. I told they guy you could get a whole car for that price and he thinks I am nuts and lying so I can get his motor cheaper......

i say tell him to stick that motor where the sun dont shine... a regular 3.8 will work, you just need to get the parts to convert it to turbo. Im sure we can all help you.

I

Would go back and tell him to list it and when it dont sell for anything close to $3000.tell him to make the guy running his mouth to make up the difference.

Thats exactly what I said last week. I told him, if your guys thinks they are worth so much then by all means have him sell it for $3000 and when you sell it let me know I have shelves full of all GN motors and I will gladly sell all of them for that, no problem at all. Stupid young kid opened his mouth cause he thinks it worth something but its really not.....

There was a carbed turbo motor on evilbay recently and the guy claimes that it does 9's.:rolleyes: He's made quite a few claimes about the engine but he really doesn't have a clue about it. I think he was asking 3K for it so it may be the same idiot.:biggrin:

selling

Kaj has 83 ttype (car)complete in socal near fresno for $700 if he thinks it rarr you know tb.com address give it to him or look up KAJ threads and show him Or like the man said " put up or shut up" tell the big mouth sell it for 3000G's
if he does I have two more setting here one completly rebuilt the other being prepped and it doesn't even have ring ridge 54000 orig miles

Moron would know know rare from real, motor siting hopfully inside daydreaming

It's unbelieveable that someone thinks he can get $400 for 81 parts. Pretty paint but it aint worth $400.

I don't know which one is smokeing the gonja I was in montrose last wed would have stopped and looked if I seen sooner! a red buick engine oh I'am sorry a red GM engine ?

if paint was all it took ............

$400 plus the $1500 he want for the engine unbelievable I want an 87 GTX engine you know if your going to dream.......