Got the Tin man installed

Greyling

Geeze what a pain in the neck!

Haven't had a chance to run the car around yet and check it out,.....

It seems like the fitment could have been a tad bit better. (Gave myself arthritis trying to get the damned hoses over the MAF sensor and turbo inlet)

Out of curiosity,...any others have issues with the charcoal canister and clearance with the pipes?

Also,... not sure if it'll pose a future problem or not,..... pipes are held strickly by the clamps and hoses holding them together. It's seems sturdy enough,...but if I grab ahold and push with a bit of force back and forth It taps against one of the brackets holding the alternator.

Can this cause false knock if it starts rattling or bumps the bracket during acceleration????? :confused:

Not sure on the knock question, but you could cut an old piece of radiator hose and jam it between the pipe and the nut.

I have been using the Tinman cold air for about 2Yrs now. No problems at all. Fit was kind of tight but no problems with it held up by clamps and hoses.

Originally posted by xtremexnyc
I have been using the Tinman cold air for about 2Yrs now. No problems at all. Fit was kind of tight but no problems with it held up by clamps and hoses.

Did you see or feel any gain with it?

I have a A/C thermometer mounted more or less in my cone filter and it usually reads 120-130+ deg.

Would think it would have to help a bit by reducing the air temp going in the turbo by 20-30 deg.

Been thinking about doing that mod for a while.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Greyling
Out of curiosity,...any others have issues with the charcoal canister and clearance with the pipes?

The brackets that hold the cannister to the inner fender can be repositioned. If you push the tab towards the center of the charcoal cannister, it will separate from the cannister (it just hooks to the lower lip of the cannister). Then reposition the two tab so they are approximately 135 degrees apart. That should move the cannister away from your cold air kit and closer to the fender (or to one side of the bucket the cannister sits in). You don't even have to redrill the mounting holes.