Got Some Questions for my Texas guys!

TXGS

I bought a GN in August last year and was trying to figure out what I have. It seems some work has been done but me being more of a V8 guy learning the Turbo world everything is new.

So todays discoveries include two parts that I believe to be aftermarket. I do not know who sells them or who sold them in the past.

Are the pictures aftermarket and who sells them or has sold them in the past.

Thanks

Oil Filter Housing Adapter.jpg
Fuel Pressure Regulator.jpg

1st pic - Stock oil cooler sandwich adapter. The hoses lead up to the right rear of the radiator side tank to a cooler. Those hoses look to be in fairly bad shape...watch them close or replace. The original o'ring also leaked...replace with a larger one sold. About 50% will say remove the adapter and just run the filter with no oil cooler...I've done both with no real benefits or adverse affects either way with oil changes and not daily driving miles.

2nd pic - aftermarket modified fuel regulator. The body is stock, but the top cap is added to allow fuel pressure adjustments. Pretty old school, but they work OK. If it adjusts, keep running it. If it doesn't work consistently or the diaphragm is leaking to the vacuum port, then replace. I like the Kirban billet unit(pretty inexpensive and rock solid).

1st pic - Stock oil cooler sandwich adapter. The hoses lead up to the right rear of the radiator side tank to a cooler. Those hoses look to be in fairly bad shape...watch them close or replace. The original o'ring also leaked...replace with a larger one sold. About 50% will say remove the adapter and just run the filter with no oil cooler...I've done both with no real benefits or adverse affects either way with oil changes and not daily driving miles.

2nd pic - aftermarket modified fuel regulator. The body is stock, but the top cap is added to allow fuel pressure adjustments. Pretty old school, but they work OK. If it adjusts, keep running it. If it doesn't work consistently or the diaphragm is leaking to the vacuum port, then replace. I like the Kirban billet unit(pretty inexpensive and rock solid).

Thanks Rob. There is a lot to do on this old GN. I had to remove old work done and I am slowly getting to a point of drivability. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

It would be a smart idea to install a PSI gauge on the fuel rail since the regulator is now adjustable. You want to make sure fuel PSI is set properly.
Fuel gauges are quite cheap and a must.

It would be a smart idea to install a PSI gauge on the fuel rail since the regulator is now adjustable. You want to make sure fuel PSI is set properly.
Fuel gauges are quite cheap and a must.

Thanks Robert, Thank you for the advice. Any recommendation of fuel gauges that work well with turbo regals.

1) A quality fuel pressure gauge with electric sender inside the car to watch while driving or log with powerlogger.
Or
2) A quality analog gauge connected at the fuel rail to aid in setting base fuel pressure. A setup can be temporarily secured to the windshield wiper to monitor rise with boost, or you could have a hood mounted gauge if you want to go racey.

Last edited: