Got Pics! 86 Regal T how much do you think its worth?

bpjr07

This car is mostly original from the outside and the engine is all original except for different oil cap.
One owner 65,000,000 miles and with some black with chrome trim 18' rims.
I what to know what you guys think because the guy said that he will sell it to me.
and a trunk full of goodies!
I just what to know how much you guys would pay for it i will post the price hes asking for later.
thanks
IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Also he gave up selling it but he told me if they oferd him he would sell it he has no tie to use it so its in his garage now he lives 2 blocks from me also its a california car no rust!

Looks like a very nice car!!! Has been repainted, because the emblems arent correct on the trunk lid. Also bumperfillers on the front dont line up 100% with the grill. The PowerMaster accum. bowl will need to be replaced sometime down the road, its only a matter of time before the pedal gets hard and you cant stop! :eek:

Is the driver side side marker (the edge of the headlamp) inside broken??

But looks like a very nice car.

By the photos shown, i'd pay around 12-13k for it. Nice, original car, with good looking paint on there.

Check the RPO codes for G80 (posi) on the trunk lid.

Get us some possible more info too!

-Adam

10-12k would be my guess as far as market value. Needs a few minor cosmetic tweaks, but looks like it's been very well kept. As clean as it is, the T-Types generally don't command the dollars that a similar GN will....

yeah i he did not say it was repainted but i thought it was because i head that the paint dont last on these cars.
ill look for the g80 posi thanks

Its always hard to judge value by pictures, though it does look really clean. I would say $12-13K maybe a little more it if its exceptional. I knock off a couple grand for it being a T-type.

I didn't think you could get a 86 T-Type in the color black. Wasn't black offered on the 87 WE4 only?:confused:

It's a nice looking car!

I didn't think you could get a 86 T-Type in the color black. Wasn't black offered on the 87 WE4 only?:confused:

It's a nice looking car!

No, you could get a black T-Type. I own one and another guy i know owns one too. You could get a black Limited also, with the chrome package. Now that is SICK! Someday i'd like to have a black limited with the chrome package :tongue:

the only bad thing it that its a hard top

Hardtop isn't a bad thing. I wouldn't pay anymore for T-top car than a Hardtop and would only a pay a little more for Moonroof. I know some who would pay less or wouldn't consider a T-top TR.

I also know of another 87 T that was black with burgundy interior. Local guy. I personally think you could get that car for a lot less. Most people don't know what a T-Type is, or that it has a turbo v-6, or that they have a cult following. See if you can get him down to $8-9k or there-abouts. That would seem a little more reasonable to me, but then that's just my opinion. :p

Just some info. The car should not have black bumpers. No '86 T Type came with them, only the GNs had them and the '87 WE4 Turbo T. They have been painted or are off a GN and someone has painted over the chrome sections of the grill.

Being a hardtop is a plus, not a minus IMHO. I used to own a black 86-T. The car looks like it has been repainted. The bumbers should be chrome and the top of the grill and the center verticle strip should be chrome. Take a good look under the car for anything out of place or damage. Check the frame rails below the doors for damage. I don't know how many cars I have seen with bent frame rails from being picked up on a lift from the wrong spots and bending the frame rails. Check the RPO codes on the deck lid and make sure it matches the car. It looks like a nice car in the pictures. I would guess it's worth in the 8-10K range if everything checks out ok.

wow! but there isnt a lot of rust in cali and in any season is good enough to take the t tops off but then hard is better less flex i guess it a win win for me and also less of a hassle
yup i think the guy wanted to make it look like a grand national

Baaad news i checked and it does not have a posi (G80). he said thats why he never raced it and that is why he is letting it go for $10,000

Offer him $8000 and drive it home happy becuase both parties would be making out like bandits.