Got me a new toy

Vector

Sorry, no pics - yet.
2006 F250 XLT, Supercab, 4x4, diesel with the FX4 package.
That sucker sits up high.

At work today we installed the superchips box on our 06 f-550 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy sh..... it makes a huge difference.
There are 3 settings, tow, economy and haul ass.
Ours is a 2WD dually with the 5speed auto weighs 10,000 right now.
Tow mode was 40horse and it felt OK
Economy mode :eek: :eek: :eek: It rolls smoke and flat out gets it!

Ours only has 500 miles so far and the turbo already had to be replaced once we got it here, for some reason the boost would flutter really bad up and down.
We got it fixed and works fine now, then put the box on it today WOW is all i can say.
You need to get a box for it pronto, you willll love it.
BW

noisy stinkin DIEsels! I ordered you to get a gasoline V8, now you will suffer! :biggrin:

Really sweet ride and a new vehicle feels so good going down the road. Got to take it by One N's to show off. But then he just spent a half million - forgot to tell you about that; he got the place with plenty of space he has been looking for.

That motor is going by the waist side,fords new motor will be 6.4 twin turbo diesel due to emission requirements.Next yrs model.

Rut rows fella's... Ford 6.0 isnt as good as i thought :eek:

I will post back what breaks next, everything breaks you have to realize that, and i will keeep a log on our 6.0.

My 02 cummins 3500 ZERO since i purchased it new in april 02
BW

well i took the plunge and bought me a new silverado witht he new all-aluminuim 5.3 H.O. i hope it's just as good as the cast iron brother that they did make.

330 hp man for a truck it moves down the road.

SloGN said:
well i took the plunge and bought me a new silverado witht he new all-aluminuim 5.3 H.O. i hope it's just as good as the cast iron brother that they did make.

330 hp man for a truck it moves down the road.

The 5.3 is a very good motor as long as the piston slap on cold starts doesn't bother you. It's not as bad as the 6.0L but I have heard it's still pretty loud. www.performancetrucks.net is probably one of the best sites out there for the new GM trucks.

suicide six said:
That motor is going by the waist side,fords new motor will be 6.4 twin turbo diesel due to emission requirements.Next yrs model.
I believe you are incorrect on that statement. the 6.0 was designed to meet the smog requirements in 2007, but they rushed it into production to keep up with & top the Duramax & Cummins. but since they rushed it & did not test it enough they have many problems. a lot of there problems stem from computer problems, they just can't get the program correct.

BUT that is not the only problem. 05 & I think 06 the damn things are blowing head gaskets worse than an improperly tuned Buicks. :eek: there transmission is supposed to be the greatest thing ,like the Allison? WRONG!!!! lets put this way I took mine back to the stealer for the same shifting problem I had for quite some time, it would shudder like hell when towing a trailer at the 3-4 & 4-5 shift. well long story short, service mgr told me it was the trailer :rolleyes: :mad: I got so mad I about threw him out of the truck during the test drive! then 3 days later his area service rep. from Ford told me that if I planed to do towing I should have bought a 6 speed manual. :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: well I told Ford to go pound sand in there a** & went out and bought my first GM truck in 20 years, a 06 GMC D/A dually. I never thought "I" would buy anything but a Ford but my trucks put food on my table, my trucks don't work, we don't eat!

PS: now this don't mean if this GMC don't live up to my expectations that after the 6.4 powerstroke has proven it's self that I will not go back to Ford.

72firebird said:
The 5.3 is a very good motor as long as the piston slap on cold starts doesn't bother you. It's not as bad as the 6.0L but I have heard it's still pretty loud. www.performancetrucks.net is probably one of the best sites out there for the new GM trucks.

well so far i have not heard anything out of it since i bought it and it has been pretty cold here on some mornings. so maybe they corrected the problems i dunno.