Got kicked off of the track.

something to check?

when i blew my headgasket i was getting fluid out of the pass side breather behind the turbo might be worth a check i was also running rmi and deionized water had no cooling problems to this point

Found a shop to do a pressure test. (for free). Put it at a little over 15 pounds and no leaks or loss of pressure. It hasn't seemed to leak any in the last 5 days and I've driven it everyday. The mechanic said he has seen water pumps leak and stop leaking. I guess I'll hit my line loc, do a burn out and have someone try to watch for fluid.
Should I retorque these heads either way? It's been about 1000 or 1500 miles since I put them on. Is there any moly lube left on them? Do you torque a little more or a little less?

Update! It's been a month and no sign of leaking until yesterday. When I'm trying to figure out why I lost my second gear that I see it's leaking coolant. It's coming from the very back of the water pump where it fits to the block on the drivers side. t looks like its leaking at the gasket against the block. Does a new water pump come with the whole housing that the cam sensor goes through?

Update! It's been a month and no sign of leaking until yesterday. When I'm trying to figure out why I lost my second gear that I see it's leaking coolant. It's coming from the very back of the water pump where it fits to the block on the drivers side. t looks like its leaking at the gasket against the block. Does a new water pump come with the whole housing that the cam sensor goes through?

The front cover? No. It separates from the front cover and can be taken off while the front cover remains on the car. Some of the bolts simply run through both into the block.

No, Mike, it bolts to that housing. Only comes with a gasket.

Is that housing basically the same shape as the water pump? I probably still have a gasket from the last time I pulled the engine I didn't remove the water pump. How much stuff has to come off to get to it?
I also noticed some oil stuff on the inside of my radiator cap, what could that be?

Is it actually the gasket on the timing cover that is leaking? I've got some stuff off now. It looks like I have to pull the cam sensor. What other things will I need to remove. Should I remove turbo? Could have anything caused this gasket to go? At first it just showed up on high rpm during a burn out (start of thread). The day at the track when I was trying to evaluate the leak, it did seem like the coolant was pretty bubbly or foamy. Now with the oil on the radiator cap??? (headgasket). I've got to get this thing right. I'm scheduled to be on Pinks all out in March.

corroded timing cover maybe? I've read alot of those covers are warped too. I smeared a little right stuff in between the cover and gasket wherever there was pitting, just enough to smooth it out.

Mike, please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like I read you had the alky(old style SMC) turned to a lower setting(even though it's a dual nozzle), add 26 psi on pump gas.Not much room for error( bad gas, faulty pump, ect). Now you have oil/foam residue in the radiator:frown: Get those heads off, check the front cover while you have it down and GET THAT THING ON PINKS:D . BTW, you inspired me to add a second nozzle and turn up the boost some more:biggrin:
Ross L

Probally 24 #'s, but I was getting ready for 26. I had no knock at all. I ran the car today and I don't see any foam or anything abnormal in radiator at regular temps other than the oily stuff on cap. How hard to pull the heads in the car.? I either replace the gasket on timing cover and retorque heads and see what happens. Or I pull everything.
First; I have an oil leak at the back of motor (maybe I messed up rear seal or my intake gasket is leaking). Second; I've lost second gear with no warning, so I'll probably have to pull tranny. Now with the leak and questionable head gasket, should I just pull it all? Which I did about 6 months ago!

Mike, my car passed the radiator presure test, no foam or radiator bubbles,no milkshakes.Just the very random "puff" of white(water) smoke. replaced the stock gaskets, timing chain,ect.... the head gaskets really didn't show any "wear" but that was the problem. Sorry about second gear:frown: .Good luck!
Ross