Got it handed to me by a C5

Roc87

11 Second V6
Ok, so my Wife, my cousin and I are on are way home after picking up our son and his friend after a dance and of course the Buick is the only car that'll fit 5, anyways...
Coming down Alameda (35mph) w/ a lot of cops around, this silver C5 comes up next to me, Finally I was thinking, I'll get to show one of these thing what the back of a T/R looks like. We get to my turn, and he's in front of me, just so happens he turns! Down side we were on a "roll" We both jump on them around the same time, before I could spool up, the Vette was a car length in front and I couldn't catch up! I now know what everybody is sayin about the LS1! In defense I'll go ahead and say that I haven't run a direct scan w/ the MSD 50's in, and I had 4 others in the car, with my ET Streets in the trunk....No excuses I should have been ready....
WHERE O WHERE iS my PT51 and THDP??????

roc87 don't even sweat it... I ran into a kid with a 2001 Z28 LS1 M6 with about every bolt on there is for those cars and we went from a "roll" ( pretty stupid on my part to race him like this) and he took me by about 2 cars... only thing was I came to find out from him that he had drag radials while I was running my sh*ty bald street tires and spun preety nasty... also I was only running 14 to 15 psi, because it was pretty hot that night and I didn't want the car to ping or anything... the story was in the kill section under LS1 eats my lunch and my nick used to be TB87... I think in the story I wrote that we went from a stop but we didn't... Anyways those kids from sffba.com came here and saw what I posted and started running there mouths about the kid DEMON as he is known over there and I set the story straight about the race and basically told the kid if he was so sure of his car and that my car was such a slug as they said it was lol... lets race for about 100$$ at the track and form a stop with me in race trim with about 25 psi or so and the kid DEMON was like wait till I get a bottle ( knowing he would have his ass handed to him) and I was like get the bottle and it could be a good race although I'm pretty sure the outcome would be the same as if he didn't have the bottle... him being an M6 he would't get any traction or he would blow that weak ass rearend up or the clutch... then he got real quiet and didn't respond knowing the outcome, but other members were challenging me and talking sh*t so I said lets get an fbody vs buick meet and basically they knew that they were going to get a serious beat down and shut their mouths... I still want to organize a meet at the south florida morosso for the buicks tta and sy's and ty's in like January, so let me Know if any one is interrested in the Florida section... sorry for long post, but the moral of the story is to get your car set up with good boost and go kick some LS1 ass... After this race I really am considering an alchy kit to always be in kill mode!!! :D :D

Hey roc87,

You had three people in your car!!! I wouldn't let it bother you to much, find him when the car is empty and try again, bet you do a ton better.

The LS1s are pretty quick from a Roll... Unless you can run 110mph I wouldnt bother trying to race them from a roll and most Turbobuicks are barley over 100mph in street trim...

Yea, C5's are pretty quick. But as for "most" Turbo Buicks being "barley over 100mph in street trim" you must be talking about the early "carbed" turbo cars, as mine ran over 140mph with enough room. Or are you talking about 1/4 mile mph's TTA89? :confused:

I just stomped a new SS Camaro from a roll. The poor guy still had the dealer plates on. We were lined up at a stop light and I didn't know if he would go or not. He would not look at me. Light turned green and we both left at a moderaly fast pace. As we crossed the interesection he let her rip and jumped a length on me. I reeled him in quickly and passed him slowly. He had a pretty puzzled look on his face and I then noticed he had a women passenger also. He quickly moved over to the right turn lane and I new he was going to bolt. I stuck my hand out the window and motioned him to follow me but sure enough he ran away, PuZZY!!!!!

Oh yea, I was running about 19 PSI with AVGAS but would have hated to run him like that with 15 PSI!!! They are hard to chase down!

Originally posted by hot6-231
Yea, C5's are pretty quick. But as for "most" Turbo Buicks being "barley over 100mph in street trim" you must be talking about the early "carbed" turbo cars, as mine ran over 140mph with enough room. Or are you talking about 1/4 mile mph's TTA89? :confused:

MPH wise. From a Roll whoever can mph (pull better) is going to win.

Buicks ET so well cause they hook but most dont run very well MPH for the ETs they can turn.

An LS1 runs 106-110 from the factory depending on the year yet they are 13 second cars. 110 in a Buick is easy low 12s. Thats what these cars can do stock.

So Im just saying from a roll be sure you have your game on ;)

From a roll I heard the Supras are the nastiest to play with as I have heard those guys don't play stoplight to stoplight... they run exit to exit on the Interstate!!!:eek::eek: I heard they even like to play with the bikes like the busa!!! Must make some serious power to play with the crotch rockets lol.:D

Hey blackshoebox

There was a video of a Supra destroying a busa. The Supra had I believe a single turbo conversion, intercooler upgrade, customs ground cams, and a 50 shot. Don't know whether the race was fixed or not, but the Supra just walked the busa like nothin. Absolutely insane! They probably have it some where up on the supra message board, definetly worth downloading if you can find it.

Thanks I'll have to check it out. These Supras seem like a pretty bad ass car... definitely not a ricer car and probably the best bulit Jap car as I have heard you can make 700 plus RWHP on STOCK INTERNALS. Now thats impressive!!!:)