Got into a tangle with a crotch rocket

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Me and a couple buds went down to a Purdue party last night. We were cruising with me, 2 guys, and a girl. We got to a stoplight and there's a couple crotch rockets behind me. Now I am gonna tell you right now, I don't know JACK about bikes. I don't know the names of anything, or how fast they are, or whatever. But then a few miles down the road one of the guys gets beside me at my door window and goes "what you wanna do?" I said let's go from a 35 mph roll...I will give you the nod when I mash the pedal...he agreed and then it was on...

I was running 94 sunoco and dual nozzle alcohol...so we are cruising at 35...I drop it into "D"...I look at him and then nod mashing the pedal...boost shoots right up to 25 lbs and my tires broke loose just a little bit...we were neck and neck the whole time...he was shifting gears and would fall back just a tad everytime while i was just cruising through mine...by the time we hit about 130 mph he was at my back fender and starting to gain...i got really scared because it was a road i didn't know and i started to let off...then he hit another gear and flew past me...the people in my car looked like they had just seen a ghost...they could not believe that i was in front of a bike like that...

so i am trying to slow my car down...i had to hit the brakes so hard to get the car to even slow...i was scaring myself because the car wasn't slowing down like i wanted it to...i could smell my brakes cooking (never try to stop a GN with stock brakes at 130 mph in a short distance)...finally got the car to stop and the guy rolled along side me again and said "holy sh!t dude...i can't believe you kept up like that...that thing is bleeping fast!" then he said "you really got a 6 cylinder in that thing? that's the fastest 6 i have ever seen" i said yeah that was really fun...thanks for the race...he gave me the thumbs up and turned off...my buddies in the back are cracking up...

i'm sure this wasn't a "fast" bike i raced...but it was a bike none the less and it's hard to keep up with ANY bike usually...i had to say that when i dropped it into 3rd gear and went WOT with the cold air outside last night...it slammed everyone in the seat...it was awesome...you could really smell my alcohol burning too:D

ANY crotch rocket is fast, if you kept up like that with 3 people in the car, you were screaming.

Steve

The GN had 4 people in the car!! Dam any car that can keep up with a bike is fast. From a roll its his advatage.

I had a similar instance one night recently.I went around a group of bikers and one came after me.I had my wife in the car for the first time since the full mods were done.I was at 16# on pump gas and walked him easy.This was starting at around 60mph he kept coming up next to me after I got off of it and staring and he would try again.I think he was pissed.It was green,so I assume it was a Ninja.Not sure what cc though.My wife was in disbelief of what she just experienced.

yah better watch out for anything with HAYABUSA written on the side though. that could b a little embarrassing

Originally posted by trbo6gn
yah better watch out for anything with HAYABUSA written on the side though. that could b a little embarrassing

Ive killed one Hehe:)
My buddys HAYABUSA couldnt hang with me from 40mph roll or from a stop;) Maybe a better rider was needed:eek: