Got a little backfire in ya?

Gbody5

Stuck in the 80's
Hello fellow Turbo Buick friends. It's been a while since I've visited the forum, I have been very busy with work and family this year and have barely had time to drive my GN.

The last two times I took it out I got a single backfire "pop" when going over half throttle, car runs great other than that. The last time I scanned it which was spring time everything looked good, no knock, BLM's good, etc.

I have not changed my fuel filter in a few years so I know that's on the "to do list", plugs are only two years old and have maybe 3000 miles on them, I'll check and change them too anyway.

What to look for that would cause a backfire?

Thanks in advance,

Mine does the same thing at WOT. It seems to keep it under control if the boost is turned down, but I don't know whats responsable for it yet. For awhile I thought it was a lean pop but I,m not sure now.

Adjustable wastegate?

Will changing the setting - trial and error method possibly help?

Cam sensor installed 180° out will cause the car to pop at half throttle, sometimes just driving down the road too.
If you have a alky kit that seeps, could cause the car to pop upon startup.
BW

chased a similar problem for a couple months, seemed like a fuel delivery problem under a light load, I went through the fuel system , hot wired the fuel pump , check eng grounds, grounded the module to the frame. I then turned to the tcc tried unplugging the connector, no help. Finally it turned out to be the cam sensor was slightly , and I mean barlely out of adjustment. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, how exactly do you check the cam sensor? Sounds like it could very well be the culprit.