Got a few TTA questions

Dominic

My father purchased car #16 last year (verified by PHS) How can we tell if it's a festival car? Also how can we tell what dealership it was originally sold from? PHS did not give us any info (other than car number) on where it was purchased from.

Last question,

I have noticed my fathers car has these two wierd looking cans/bulbs with hex caps on one end and bleeders on the other end, in line with the front and rear brake lines coming from the master cylinder, but prior to the proportioning valve. I have seen my fair share of TTA's and GTA's and it seems that not all cars have these. A close friend owns a TTA and his doesn't have them? What are they? and why do only some cars have them?

Any information is greatly appreciated

thank's.

You can look here http://www.gtasourcepage.com/89RPOFigures.html and your car should have the RPO for a cloth car which is at the bottom. Also PAS should give you a copy of your windowsticker which will have the dealership on it. As for the brake bleeder that you're talking about I dunno, I don't think my car has it or atleast from what I remembered it didn't have it. Try to get a picture of it and post it or you can send it to me at FIRE72BIRD@comcast.net and I can post it for you. That'll help show everyone what you're talking about.

Thank's, found the window sticker too!

Just talked to my father and he had the window sticker out and in another stack of paperwork. It did indeed come with the papers from PHS. His car was originally sold at The Rodgers Pontiac Co. in Dayton, Ohio.

His car does have the cloth interior, i will post pics of his car, and those wierd brake thingys later on today or tomorrow.

Does his car have a grease pencil marking behind the license plate? Is it ttop cloth?

Jason

Quiky One said:
Does his car have a grease pencil marking behind the license plate? Is it ttop cloth?

Jason

Yes, it has #36 in grease pen or sharpie permanant marker, black in color, directly behind the rear license plate. And it is cloth interior with T-tops.

What's the #36 mean?

Dominic said:
Yes, it has #36 in grease pen or sharpie permanant marker, black in color, directly behind the rear license plate. And it is cloth interior with T-tops.

What's the #36 mean?

that was the car # at Indy. It does relate at all to the actual car # out of the 1555 TTAs. But that car would have featured an Indy plate on it with the #36 on it too.

Thats cool. Take a pic of it and post it. That means it was a festival car and it was car 36 like Jared said.

Jason