Got a couple of questions on my 84 ttype bolt size ign mod plate? plugged hoses?

Rovinfool

Ok, well got to tinker with the car a little bit and do some deep looking at this engine. OK try to describe this the best I can. Coming off what I believe is the turbo housing and running horizontal to the valve covers inner edge and just above manifold height is an arm or bracket with two 1/2" or so holes about 2 or 3in apart that like up with two other holes or another bracket the nuts for the bolts are actually pre welded to the bracket to just screw a bolt in. It looks like both have been missing for awhile judging by the rust coloration matches that of its surrounding area. Are these for another option or what?

There are also two coolant lines that are plugged. I believe both are the the middle two of the 5 T hose cluster that sits to the rear of the manifold.

I also was wondering if anyone knew the bolt size for the adapter plate as my AC Delco adapter plate didnt come with any bolts or attachments.

OK sorry about being pain. Back to my reading diagrams till I figure it out.:biggrin:

boltsandlinesplugged.jpg

looks like just two bolts missing nothing attached to that still dont know why the two middle hoses were plugged.

Most likely those are the throttle body coolant lines. This is a semi performance mod, It keeps hot coolant from heating up the TB, which was only good for really cold weather.

For the extra mounting holes you speak of, another bracket goes there I believe. Funny thing I tried looking up "HOTAIR " google pictures and I think I found your car haha weird :rolleyes: View topic - Our old 1984 Buick Regal T-Type • GBodyForum.com - '78-'88 GM G Body Community

AC Delco adapter plate ? you mean your IGN coil plate? tried using your old ones? If your replacing anything that has to do with the factory coil/IGN Don't bother. Upgrade to the 86/87 style or better yet Type 2 coils IGN.

The bracket you are talking about, I have no idea what that is for. My car is exactly the same. Where you have the arrows above the throttle body is a vacuum block. I would have to look at my car to tell you where they go or if they are plugged. I think the middle front goes to the evap canister, without looking not sure where the rear middle goes. I will take a look at my car to see where it goes. ( I think to the rear of the intake close to the inlet adapter from the turbo). I will look to make sure when I get a chance. The ones you have marked are not the coolant lines going to the throttle body. The coolant line is the 90 degree nipple that is below the tps sensor. Unless you drive in cold weather, these can be blocked off as well. I will look at mine tomorrow to see where the lines you have marked goes on my car. Might not be right, but may give you an idea.

i am reassembling mine now too, there is a bracket that two bolts go thru.the top attaches to the heat shield bracket that the turbo bolts to and the other end of It attaches over the single bolt that the long alternator brace/rod bracket thing bolts to on the intake... the front vacuum port in the center goes to the charcoal cannister and the rear one across from it goes to the right side of the sensor on the drivers valve cover ( the one beside the wastegate solenoid) the other outlet on that sensor is tee'd to the egr valve, and the egr diag. sensor (the forward one on the drivers valve cover)

that big bracket spreads the weight of the turbo across the length of the intake manifold, the little one that goes to the intake underneath the alternator support is a brace to keep it steady.