good stock brake setup

What is a good stock brake set up. I just want to upgrade the stock set up with better rotors, pads, braided lines, etc. And what about for the rear?

boostedblkbeast said:
What is a good stock brake set up. I just want to upgrade the stock set up with better rotors, pads, braided lines, etc. And what about for the rear?

Street car, or drag car?.

Rotors are rotors, there's some eye candy drilled and spiral cut ones on the market, but the stock rotors are so small, making cosmetic changes isn't going to make much of a difference.

Pads, a track car, since it's not doing any repeat stopping can get by with softer pads, for better *cold* bite, same with the rear shoes. A street car, on the other hand would want harder pads/shoes for getter life, and repeated stopping power.

Russells, Earls, and others sell DOT approved AN stainless lines, they're all about equal.

You need to be careful doing the rears, since you can wind up with rears that prematurely lock-up. So after EVERY change you need to make absolutely and totally sure you don't wind up with the rears locking up first. Finding out for the first time the brake balance is wrong in the rain, is something you really don't want to find out.

boostedblkbeast said:
The car is definetily going to see alot more street driving than track.

Then I'd leave the rear, as is, and just use a cheap, soft shoe, and replace them often. That will get you a decent amount of hold for launching without the worries of brake balance. Autozone had some under the brand name of Albany, I as recall that weren't too bad for a streeter.