good news, precision warrantied turbo

83olds383

talked to precision again today about my pt52 failure....and they said they would warranty it even though it was past warranty because it wasnt my fault...had it for about 8 months but only has around 6,000 miles on it.....they said i had wear on outer thrust bearing which lead to stress on the compressor side turbin...basically he said to get a blow-off valve and it wont happen.....so i guess im gonna get ATR's blow-off valve.....im just glad to hear i dont have to pay to have it fixed!!!!

BLOW OFF VALVE?

So after all the posts and discussions about blow off valves on Buicks, and the consensus being we don't need them, spend money elsewhere, PTE tells you to buy one?:confused:

Sounds like they didn't want to admit they sold you a bum turbo in the first place. I never had any dealings personally with them so I am not bashing them, I just wished someone from PTE would chime in and explain.

Jonathan

Mine broke with an atr blow-off valve on the ART front mount, but Maby crap in the oil wasted the turbo. My motor chewed up a rod bearing after turbo went south. Chicken/Egg? Who knows.