Good kill of a 91 LX Mustang with an S Trim

My 92 LX was going 13.20's in 75° + heat with:
3.73's
MAC Long tubes and off road h pipe
Dynomax cat back exhaust
electric fan
short belt
155 pump
I know if it had been cooler it would have gone into the high 12's if I could have launched it harder and had a cooler day.
I didnt have a chance to run it again like this because not that long after I ran the 13.20's I installed a (dont laugh) Paxton SN89. On 6lbs of boost and beat M&H's it went 12.30@112 with the same combo above before the ball drive took a dump.
It was a lot of fun though ;)

Hey Schwaeky,
I got a 72' 351C 2 bbl in my 64 falcon. It's bone stock right now, but i plan on doing the basics, carb, intake, cam and exaust. No nitrous for me...but my falcon probably weighs in under a fox body, so I should be running pretty quick. Thanks for the encouragement. :D

really, you fit a 351 in a Falcon? I thought because of the difference in block deck height and slight difference in width of the block (vs a 302, 289, or 260) that a 351 COULD NOT fit in a Falcon.. Sounds like a pretty trick setup you plan to go with. If you plan to do much, get the 4bbl intake from Edelbrock that mates to the 2bbl 351 cleveland heads. The 4bbl 351C heads are okay for huge vehicles (LTD, Galaxie, etc) and for full race vehicles, but for a small car and a dragster with 10 sec and higher 1/4 mile times, the 2bbl heads are better. Not sure what the model name is for the intake, but pretty sure its under their Performer line of intakes. If you do anything with cam, while keeping the 2bbl heads, get the 4bbl 351C camshaft (but by all means get a modern dual profile hydraulic roller cam and valvetrain), Use long tube headers (if they'll fit) with 2.25-2.5 pipe, and you'll be in a performance range capable of beating most all 5.0 mustangs, F-bodies, many corvettes, and dare I say it, many a GN... :)

Wow...thats what I like to hear!

Thanks for all the info man. I did the swap almost a year ago, and the motor has remained stock, which I read somewhere was 170hp :eek: and 280 ft lbs of torque. I've raced it around town...and i figure it to be in the low 15's high 14's. But the motor has a ton of miles, and isnt in it's best condition....So im very anxious to get all the performance parts in it and freshen it up. As for the swap....I did have to cut away part of the shock tower...so it didnt just drop in. But im 18 years old, and this was my first swap..and all i had was basic tools..and i even worked on it parked in a busy street...so that shows that it's not as hard as you think. Man im excited to read your post. I got butterflies in my stomache thinking of beating cars like that. I have a 8-inch rear in it...and i plan to put bigger tires and a spool. So if I can make the thing hook...and say it puts out 350-400 hp...what do u think it will run? you said it should beat the f-bodies and mustangs...did you mean those cars in stock trim? My goal for it right now is mid to low 13's....but man...if I could get that thing in the 11's...that would be my ultimate goal...I figure anymore than that...and I will have to go with real big slicks...and thats soemthing i dont want to do. I want to beable to drive the car all over. Maybe even corner half way decent...im not talking a road racer...just something that's not just made for the strip. Thanks for your info...it puts a smile on my face!

as light as that car is kid, w/ it in the 14s or 15s and 170 hp, I would say that you would be around 10 seconds, maybe lower with 350-400 hp. IF you do that' you'll want to test it first at a track that is not near where you are because then you'd be blacklisted from running till you got adequate safety equipment (roll cage, et al and i doubt you want to put that much money into it).. but at that hp level in that light a car, sub-10 ETs wouldn't be surprising... I wouldn't go in the 350-400 hp level in a falcon though.. I would do something putting it maybe between 270-300 hp max..

I would tune it to the range of about 260-270 hp would be optimum, because that would likely put it in the 11s, but w/ a light car like that, it is still more than enough to stomp on vettes, f-bodies, and the like.. remember the 65-66 mustang's top end motor was only 271 hp, and it was a high compression motor.

For cornering, I would seriously consider either upgrading suspension to fresh components and use Monroe sensatrac shocks, or get a mustang II style rack and pinion/Independent front suspension conversion and use KYB coilovers or Koni adjustables (talkin struts now..).. i would also if i was you find a Granada 9 inch rear either w/ limited slip or positracton. In the rear use a good set of leaf springs and a pair of gasmatics (or sensatracs if you prefer)..

Hey Man, thanks once again for the info and encouragment. And here's the recipe I got planned for the car....homemade rollbar, possibly full cage, harnesses, homemade subframe connectors, I got the rear out of a 74' maverick...direct swap to the falcon..I will probably stick with it..and beef it up...I already have stiffer springs in the front..will get performance shocks and I have all the parts for a front disc brake swap from a maverick as well. And im going to throw in all poly bushings. Probably get a beefier sway bar to. When it gets running real quick, i'll probably put in new leaf springs...maybe stiffer ones...and I already have traction bars on it...will see how they do. Im thinking of making the stock wheel tubs a bit wider....so I can fit a decent sized tire in there. And thats about it...im hoping to get another daily driver soon so I can park the falcon and goto town with it....and I will keep you posted on how "she" does....man....10's..thats crazy to think...I know it's possible...i guess I just never thought i'd reach that..lets hope I do..oh and also...it's a 4-door....so it will be pretty unique.....take care.

First post WOOT WOOT!!!

Anyways, yeah there are a lot of tards that drive 5.slows. I drive a 5.slow but am not a tard. My budy and I run the same stuff you do.....turbo(s). I have wanted a GN for a while but couldn't afford one so bought a Muffstain instead, but it has turned out to be a blast. $1600 into it and on street tires with only 5-6lbs of boost I went 12.73@116 with a stock 110k mile long block that the valve covers havent even been pulled. I got it tuned a little more and with about 12lbs I could walk it sideways from a 65mph roll.

Anyways, I never got my car tuned but my budy did. '90 Mustang Notchback with about 120k miles, he never pulled the valve covers either, I copied his setup pretty much. IHI turbos, 36lb inj., 75mm Optimizer, 70mm T/B, 255 intank, custom Intercooler, 3.55 gears, king cobra clutch, PRO 5.0 shifter, stock T5, PVC piping for the compressor side. He has about $1800 (killer deals) into the car with the 10-point cage and other minor suspension mods. On 28"x12.5" ET Streets he went 10.91@125. Not bad for a stock long block 5.0 if I do say so.

Anyways, we are big into turbo stuff and know a few people with some wicked GN's. Just thought I would give a little background and say that we agree with ya on the stupid 5.0 drivers that think they are the fastest things on the road. And Superchargers suck. :p

By the way I bought my friends stock '87 GN turbo off of him. I need one more for my new setup, does anyone have a good spare one laying around?

Thanks, Brian

wolfe114@hotmail.com

geez where do you guys shop for your stuff, K-MART??? why dont more people turbo their stanges if its so cheap?

Most people think that turbocharging is a black art and requires a ton of knowledge. We just started playing around and they ended up running like bats out of hell. A lot of people don't even know you can do it, I get it a lot of times from people saying that you can't twin turbo a stock Mustang, well they were wrong.

Naw, we shop at our local hardware store for our connectors, PVC and hose clamps. I have broke at the track and needed to run to the hardware store to get it fixed, it is pretty funny.

Brian

Yeah, but we're not nearly as bad a ricers!

This is SO true. Good point. Also true is:
everybody owns a Mustang!!

Some faster than others, some look better than others. I wish I had something limited like the GN, but I wouldnt give up the Stang. GN = Weekend driving/cruising Stang = daily driver/play toy :cool:

geez where do you guys shop for your stuff, K-MART??? why dont more people turbo their stanges if its so cheap?

Single Turbo, full setup, 20 lbs boost, the works, good for upwards of 475 - 500 RWHP $6500, $7500 installed and tuned. Not that cheap is it?;)

And Superchargers suck.

Wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Tis why Im going Turbo.