good deal or not

here is a new one but i dont think it will work but its worth a try.

http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail....1&CDSID=&vehicleTypeID=1&dealerID=&UVViewID=4

if i doesnt work here is what it says word for word:

Price: $2,995 or Best Offer
Color: Gray/Silver
Miles: 135,000
Body Style: Coupe

Engine: 3.8L V6 4BBL TURBOOHV
Transmission: Automatic
VIN: 1G4AK4734CH229191

Description: Hard to find V6 Turbo Sportcoupe! Stored last 5 years, not driven in winter for 10+ years. Car has some rust and needs mechanical work.

What year is the car? Based on the limited information, it sounds like a 1978-1979.
The before black section of this board can supply more information on these years.
Best of memory, HP was 180+/- and used a blow-thru-carb system.
Most or many will suggest that you get a 1986-1987 car. They are easier to make faster and parts are more available.
Just my 2 cents.

Gary

1982 Regal

That's a sharp looking car and fully loaded too. I like the cornering lamps and the two-tone paint. I'd say if it's clean inside and under the hood and everything functions properly, toss him an offer.

Nice piece of Buick history. :)

Originally posted by Black Car
What year is the car? Based on the limited information, it sounds like a 1978-1979.
The before black section of this board can supply more information on these years.
Best of memory, HP was 180+/- and used a blow-thru-carb system.
Most or many will suggest that you get a 1986-1987 car. They are easier to make faster and parts are more available.
Just my 2 cents.

Gary

its a 1982, it is the blow-thru-carb thing. so you think i should get a newer one ok.

Re: 1982 Regal

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
That's a sharp looking car and fully loaded too. I like the cornering lamps and the two-tone paint. I'd say if it's clean inside and under the hood and everything functions properly, toss him an offer.

Nice piece of Buick history. :)

ya, its a nice looking car i think. i dont know iam going to call him to day and ask him what he whats for it.

Here is a better link: http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail....1&CDSID=&vehicleTypeID=1&dealerID=&UVViewID=4

That looks like a nice car, not a cherry but also not a POS. If you are expecting to go fast than this car will be a disappointment. The carb turbos are faster than a V-8 but are much slower than a hot air or IC turbo. When he says rust make sure it is not massive like the floor pan,trunk, A-pillar,1/4 wheelhouse and roofrails. A little rust in the doors are okay as these can be replaced rather easily. The bad part is carb turbo parts are hard to find, make sure it is 100% complete. You might want to check here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11 as the real experts on this car post in this forum. If it was me I dont think I would pay more than $2000 for it assuming it is as clean as the seller says.

ya, i think iam going to look in to it for my first car,i think it would be good for a first car.

shane