Gonna get Jersey downpipe

turboaddict2

I'm gonna replace my THDP with a Jersey downpipe(with cutout) this week. Eric at Dynotech is gonna do it for me. He already ordered the piece and it should be at the shop on Wednesday. So the pipe cost $450. He said I could reduce that price(plus labor) if I trade in my old DP. Whats a good price for a used THDP thats still in good condition(only thing is that the dp is discolored from the heat but that should be ok). I was thinking of $250.

If its in good shape then 250 sounds like a good deal. Are you looking to sell it or give it to the shop guy? if you wanted to sell it let me know.

Were do you find info on the Jersey? How much is it? I was under the impression that the TH was the best downpipe, what is the benifit of the Jersey?

I thought the Jersey downpipe was a THDP with a cutout welded near the end of the dp:confused:. Anyone have a full picture of the Jersey dp with cutout?

Do not waste your money. Just have the exhaust guy weld a dump pipe on your exhaust and clamp it onto your existing THDP.

From what I remember, the jersey pipe came strait off the turbo and would dump right there. When blocked off, it has to make a hard 90* turn to run out of the exhaust. It may be fine when you have the dump open, but it will hurt performance when closed. Most people with decent exhaust don't see a bit of a gain when they open the dump tube anyway.

i have a jersey style thdp on my car. it is the same as a regular thdp exept the dump is on the downpipe instead of the test pipe.
the reason for it is so you can run a cat and still be able to open the dump at the track. the dump is on the last 90* bendof the down pipe and faces the ground. its nice to have, the downpipe is two piece and much easier to remove. would i pay another 200 if i had a regular thdp? no.

it is made by terry houston

hth

surej

DR. BOOST, what you just said....thats exactly what I am looking for. That way I can run a cat too and open the dump when racing. I've seen a picture of that. I think I have a link to it. click on the link: http://community.webshots.com/user/jon1026 and click on buick pics

When you bought that THDP, it already came with the dump welded right? I don't feel like paying another 200 for a downpipe either when I can just get a dump and get it welded. DOes Terry Houston sell just that dump that faces to the ground? I even talked to Eric at Dynotech and he even said to me its a slip on dump piece that requires cutting the pipe after the 90* bend. Then he searched for a source(which happens to be in NJ) but they didn't have the dump piece.....I would have to buy a whole new dp. Well he ordered it last friday and it didn't come to the shop yet(which I'm glad it didn't because I been thinking a lot about this mod and it doesn't make sense to buy another dp just to get a dumper with it). So what should I do, tell him to look for another place that just has the dump piece and tell him to return the dp when he gets it?