Going to Manual Boost cont. Fact sol?

tta583

I am in the process of installing a manual boost controller but I am not sure what to do with the factory solinoid (how ever it is spelled!) pig tail. I seem to recall that I will get a code and a CES light if the ECM sees the solinoid unpluged. I seem to recall that there is a resistor I can put across the poles of the plug to fake out the ECM. Is this the case? Any one know what value of a resitor I need?

Brent

Why not just leave it there? You could put two little vac plugs on it to keep it clean.

Hay ScottyB,

To be honest I thought of that but I decided I would just rather remove it if I am not using it. I already pulled it. You would be surprised at how clean that side of the motor looks just removing something as small as the sol. and its bracket.

Anyway....

zam70,

To be honest what started this thing was a boost problem I was shooting. I could not boost over like 10lbs. Turned out I had disconected the boost sol. somewhere along the line working on something, probabley while putting on my power plate. Once I figured out that exercise in idiocy I was playing with my boost and saw nice little spike as soon as I got in it. That took me down the path of how my Thrasher chip works to provide "fast spool". Never noticed it before, but to be honest I have spent more time working on the car than I have spent driving it. (Not a hack on the car, just the past owner) Wanting 20 psi boost and ending up with a spike to like 24 bothered me so I decided to go with a manual boost controller made by another TTA guy. This brings me back to the start of this, I could not recall if I saw a CES light when the thing was unpluged. I know I boosted it several time when I first saw problems out on the road but I can not recall a light. I know, I could just drive it and see but I was lining things out for the largest show in my area which is comming up soon. If figured I should ask so that I can have plenty of time to get what I need and make up a "nice" wiring harness and mount.

Latter,

Brent