GNX's FOR SALE

VETROC

Never seen so many GNX's for sale at the same time. In addition to what's avaialble on this board, there are about 5 more on Ebay right now and a few more in Hemmings.

What's going on? :confused:

fair weather buyers?

were never in it for the long haul, just in it to make a buck!
ok by me, if the deals right, I'll buy another one!

The Gnx is loosing value ...

The GNX was a great investment a couple of years ago..if you bought it and sold it quick....now they have lost 20% of their value and dropping from there....it is as simple as supply and demand...there is not much of a demand on $50-60k car from 20 years ago....the GN'S are catching up....the GNX craziness has come to a halt.....they will always be worth money but nothing like the prices from before.....not for a long time... now it is a bad investment...but a great car to enjoy and drive

The GNX was a great investment a couple of years ago..if you bought it and sold it quick....now they have lost 20% of their value and dropping from there....it is as simple as supply and demand...there is not much of a demand on $50-60k car from 20 years ago....the GN'S are catching up....the GNX craziness has come to a halt.....they will always be worth money but nothing like the prices from before.....not for a long time... now it is a bad investment...but a great car to enjoy and drive

The economy is down so a lot of investments are losing value including real estate, muscle cars, etc...once the economy picks up, I think the values of muscle cars will go back up, but it will take time, maybe 5-10 years. Now is a good time to buy one on the cheap and hold on to it for a few years.

maybe but

The question is ... How many of us want to hold on to a 20 plus year old car for investment purposes only...that costs $40k+ which you cant drive the hell out of .. there is no warranty ...parts are a bitch to find if it gets wrecked...and worst of all... this is a cash deal most of the time so your money is sitting in the garage rotting....

A Camaro SS ...Challenger SRT8 300SRT8 ..GT500 2010.....Mercedes E55 ...Mercedes CLS55....Mercedes CL65 Mercedes S65...BMW....M6 M5 ...cts-v(2009) are all under $55k right now.......oh and you can sign on the dotted line and drive her home and sell it a year or two later with almost no loss ...and have a lot fun on the street.....and look like a pimp at the same time...lol

A majority of the cars mentioned above make a minimum of 500hp ..run the 1/4 in 11's and have zero wind noise at 175 mph....

IMO the GNX is for the rich and relentless at even the current prices...

The question is ... How many of us want to hold on to a 20 plus year old car for investment purposes only...that costs $40k+ which you cant drive the hell out of .. there is no warranty ...parts are a bitch to find if it gets wrecked...and worst of all... this is a cash deal most of the time so your money is sitting in the garage rotting....

A Camaro SS ...Challenger SRT8 300SRT8 ..GT500 2010.....Mercedes E55 ...Mercedes CLS55....Mercedes CL65 Mercedes S65...BMW....M6 M5 ...cts-v(2009) are all under $55k right now.......oh and you can sign on the dotted line and drive her home and sell it a year or two later with almost no loss ...and have a lot fun on the street.....and look like a pimp at the same time...lol

A majority of the cars mentioned above make a minimum of 500hp ..run the 1/4 in 11's and have zero wind noise at 175 mph....

IMO the GNX is for the rich and relentless at even the current prices...

Slowcar - I respectfully disagree with your comments. All the cars you listed above will lose 15-30% of their value after 1-2 years, but that is getting away from the topic.

The GNXs are a very limited number so they will always hold their values. But I agree that the GNXs are for people with some extra cash, there's the GN for all the rest of us.

I hope the prices keep falling so I could buy a high mileage one and drive it on the weekend. When the economy improves they will regain value.

were never in it for the long haul, just in it to make a buck!
ok by me, if the deals right, I'll buy another one!

If these people are in it to make a buck, they are selling at the wrong time. A member on here just bought a nice X for under $40K. :eek:

Slowcar - I respectfully disagree with your comments. All the cars you listed above will lose 15-30% of their value after 1-2 years, but that is getting away from the topic.

The GNXs are a very limited number so they will always hold their values. But I agree that the GNXs are for people with some extra cash, there's the GN for all the rest of us.

X2 on that. All those cars on that list will lose much of there value from new. As far as collectables, no matter what the car, EVERYHING is taking a hit right now. Why so many for sale? Its not going to get better any time soon and some people prob rather try to cash out. If you are looking to buy, hold out alittle more, im sure better deals are coming. Remember when all these GNXs were well over 80k?:frown:

well

All of the cars I mentioned above have dropped to those current prices...some were over $150k new...and they are not moving any lower ...they are rare as hell...

only 194 CL65's were built in a 2 year period...
this is the 612 hp Mercedes supercar that retails now for under $50k.....

All these cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I personally wouldnt buy a gnx, im happy as a kid in a playground with my regular 87 GN with t-tops. I just bought mine a month ago, low miles, no mods, etc. I got a great deal, so ive been told by a few people already. I couldnt justify spending $50k+ on a car, that I would hardly drive. If you have the cash on hand, so be it. I get just as many looks as a GNX would.. Only people that know the difference, is car enthusiasts.. The regular joe, wouldnt even know..Either way you look at it, its a GN, that very few people have..

+1 nobody knows the difference

The GNX looks meaner and it is menacing but all in all the GN gets the same amount of looks and respect... I own a GNX and I OWNED a GN ......AND MANY MORE....

$50k is a lot of money to spend on a car that is 20+ years old and can be had for half with the same powerplant and appearance....

only 500+ are more collectable (Whats truely left)... The other 10s of thousands are real cool, just not nearly as rare.. i love my GN, butt it will always look up to the King, no matter how fast or cool i make it. Respect is given to both, but is not the same. I would spend that kind of money, just not in the budget ( The divorce would cost more, tried 5 yrs ago..) I think i definetly feel different them some of you, but we still have common bonds.