gnx turbo shield color

autodynamics

so i looked all around on this site and was wondering what is the color asc used on the covers up pipe and valve covers?

any suggestions?
Pete

I refinished a couple GNX covers and up pipes.....
After a ton of answer and research I came to the conclusion that no one knows.....sorry....
But you can match it.

The up pipe and cover are aluminum coated to PER GM 6164-M (performance spec nothing more)...I will look up in my note to see if I have any additional information....

I refinished a couple GNX covers and up pipes.....
After a ton of answer and research I came to the conclusion that no one knows.....sorry....
But you can match it.
When you did those cover's , were they 13AL27.0 ? :)

Well if you don't know....... I guess there is no answer
I guess just make them all match

Btw I need 2 mufflers any ideas ?

X Ray said:
The up pipe and cover are aluminum coated to PER GM 6164-M (performance spec nothing more)...I will look up in my note to see if I have any additional information....

Exactly.....you looked for me a few years ago..
The other issue is at time you could use coating materials that are no longer available.... I mixed ceramic coating to match. If you look under the coupler [ rubber] u may see the original color unfaded.

I'll try to find some pics tonight.
U blind mofo.

One of them is in a museum and no one seems to complain.

gnx-museum-day-022c-jpg.83642

It is possible to match the paint perfect, I painted one a couple of years ago and had a brand new NOS pipe to match. I brought the pipe to the paint store and alot of the cap cans looked good, since there were limited selections for high heat I bought them all and did trial and error. I will try and see later if I have any cans left or if I made any notes. It is possible.

Share the info !!
I'm sure if the valve covers up pipe upper plenum all look clean and good
It would work
Post the color when u get a chance
Thanks Pete