GNX Suspension Parts

YellowMurci

Does anyone know where I can find the two brackets that weld from the suspension to the body of the car? And before anyone recommends that I speak to Richard Clark I have had no luck there - my car is up in the air and trying to get her done - thank you!

I would imagine that he wants to sell his suspension as a whole and not part it out but anything is worth a shot :smile:

I am adding a diagram of what I need they are brackets numbers 1 and 11

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2,940
Do you have access to a GNX? I would assume that those brackets are something that could be fabricated easy enough given a template to follow?

I know Welcome to Kirban Performance Products sells a gnx suspension upgrade. Comes with the dif cover, pan hard bars, ladder bar, and all the brackets. Also the sell a special jig to mount the brackets with for welding, the jig is $500 but once you return it they give you the money back. the kit is $2000 and $550 for the exhaust system to clear the new brackets. Also just a fact but the Pontiac Formula Firebirds in the 90's had a panhard/ladder bar set up, only differnce is the ladder bar bolts to the axle housing not a rear dif. cover like the gnx.:cool: Happy building

I know Welcome to Kirban Performance Products sells a gnx suspension upgrade. Comes with the dif cover, pan hard bars, ladder bar, and all the brackets. Also the sell a special jig to mount the brackets with for welding, the jig is $500 but once you return it they give you the money back. the kit is $2000 and $550 for the exhaust system to clear the new brackets. Also just a fact but the Pontiac Formula Firebirds in the 90's had a panhard/ladder bar set up, only differnce is the ladder bar bolts to the axle housing not a rear dif. cover like the gnx.:cool: Happy building

Unfortunately the Kirban GNX suspension is no longer available. I know that it is still on their site, but I have attempted to order it and was told that it is "not currently available". Last time I checked they had no plans to have any more fabricated at this time. From my understandings the aforementioned Richard Clark was the principal driving force behind the creation of the Kirban re-pro GNX suspension. I see that you had mentioned that you tried that avenue, but I think your best bet at this time is definetly to just have them created from scratch. Just out of curiosity, how did you wind up with all of the other parts for the suspension setup, and not these?

Yeah Kirban doesnt have them anymore but has been discussing possibly re-releasing them - I bought the suspension and have to assume that those two brackets were left on the original car since they are welded on - I am sure that something could be customized for it but I wanted to have the most original looking brackets that I could for originality - so far I am not having to much in the way of luck -but the first time I see that rear end lift in the air when powerbraking it will all be worth it!!!

Yeah Kirban doesnt have them anymore but has been discussing possibly re-releasing them - I bought the suspension and have to assume that those two brackets were left on the original car since they are welded on - I am sure that something could be customized for it but I wanted to have the most original looking brackets that I could for originality - so far I am not having to much in the way of luck -but the first time I see that rear end lift in the air when powerbraking it will all be worth it!!!

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. A lot of guys have told me tha you can put together a better all-around performance suspension for the GN than the GNX setup, but there is something about that rear lift and the aluminum cover that I just have always been fascinated with.

All that said, the thing that scares me the most at this point is what happens if you need to replace a part? With the extremely limited availability if you were to tweak a panhard rod or break an ear off the cover, you are pretty much SOL, No? Since most GNX's are holding garages from flying away I would assume that it isn't such a problem for them, but for a driver clone this could definetly present a problem.

Are the parts you have now from a genuine GNX suspension, or from the Kirban re-pro kit? Are you familiar with how to tell the difference?

I am assuming you are doing a clone? Do you have any pics? I would love to see how things are coming.

Im thinking about making a Formula Firebird rear suspension upgrade on mine. Like I said same set up just the ladder bar connects to the dif. not a Dif cover. One reason Im thinking of doing this is they built A TOWN of Firebirds so parts should be Easy to get from the local NAPA.

You might try Joe Herrington, I know for a fact that he had the patterns for this parts.
coldair

In response to "theMonch", don't be discouraged by the idea of unique GNX parts breaking, if there is one thing about the automotive world I have learned, is that anything is possible. All of these parts have been blueprinted by either Richard Clark or Kirban, and if you are modifying your car and delivering much more power than what that suspension was designed for, it would be wise to remove the parts, build quality jigs off of the original GNX suspension parts, and have beefier versions fabricated (like out of chrome-moly, thicker tubing, etc.). The rear cover would be the biggest hurdle, but a competent CNC machinest could make a stronger version of the original, such as what Mr. Clark did. Regardless of how he or Kirban did it or how much money was invested ( I've heard $40,000). If your ambitious enough, and have the fabrication skills, or are willing to learn, you could make a really bitchin beefed up version of the ASC suspension, or at least replace the parts you break.:D I wish I had a GNX so I could try, but I'm just a young guy working at a Mustang restomod shop, so I can't afford one!