GNX Suspension broke - Help!

YellowMurci

Any options besides just inserting a sleeve and rewelding this part? Lucky I made it home but driveshaft came down and was rubbing like crazy - any suggestions?

Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• gnx.jpg
    gnx.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 769
Odds are good you can buy a reproduction part from Richard Clark's reproduction GNX suspension. Contact him directly about it and i'd imagine he'd help you out for a fair price.

EDIT I see this is a clone? If it's his suspension he might warranty that........

That is a first

I was kinda thiking the same,,,was this one of the reproduction rear suspensions??i know richard "over did" the project and made the parts better than asc, in fact the rear covers he made were much stronger than the origionals..what kind of hp is your car producing???

No it's an original suspension just upgraded my car with a ta49 injectors alki kit - not sure of the hp

Odds are good you can buy a reproduction part from Richard Clark's reproduction GNX suspension. Contact him directly about it and i'd imagine he'd help you out for a fair price.

EDIT I see this is a clone? If it's his suspension he might warranty that........

i love your avatar, i was one of the curious kids that attempted to find out why things worked when they plugged appliances in to the thing-a-majiggy on the wall, needless to say to this day my friends are trying to figure out why i break out in to a sweat every time i have to plug some thing in or they wonder why i get nervous around the coil pack or spark plug wires.

i love your avatar, i was one of the curious kids that attempted to find out why things worked when they plugged appliances in to the thing-a-majiggy on the wall, needless to say to this day my friends are trying to figure out why i break out in to a sweat every time i have to plug some thing in or they wonder why i get nervous around the coil pack or spark plug wires.

Not to get off topic but i've had my fair share of jolts from 110 and a coil or two :eek: .

I wouldn't guess a 49 and alky would break suspension parts unless you had the boost WAY up and launching with slicks and a transbrake. If you do not want to buy another one, it looks like it is savable. The idea of a sleeve and reweld is decent if you have a good fabricator. Otherwise, buy a new part like Bob suggested and mount this on your "wall of shame". ;)

If you look close at the picture, it looks like it was cracked for a long time. The bottom half of the crack is rusted while the top half isn't. Maybe it was never fully welded from the factory?