GNX prototype

ChavoLC2

This maybe old shoe was looking at a new Muscle car mag last night at a fellow Buick owner's house. They had all kinds of pics of different makes and modse and prices alot of the car were low number productions like the MACHO TA (200 made), Avanti with R2 supercharger, 71 Ranchero 428 cobra jet(2 made) etc.etc.

Well they have a pic of this GNX prototype and it's a 1986 model they didn't say who owned it. They say it should have stayed in the stable but some how it got out and was sold by someone within. It had however a plate in the front that said GNX01. So this couldn't be GNX001 right? Wasn't GNX001 a 87? Just thought it interesting.

The license plate is GNXNO1, which matches my 1970 GSX prototype's plate of GSXNO1. It is not GNX001. It was built from a 1986 GN as that is what was available at the time. ASC did the conversion using all prototype parts. They're pretty cool, with little hand etched numbers and such.

I bought the car from Byron Scott, a retired Buick employee, who was the guy that wrote the service supplement manual for the GNX's. He asked and was given permission to buy the car at his retirement. I purchased it in 1998 from Mr. Scott.

I really do appreciate each and every vote everyone would cast for my car!

Here's the link...vote early and vote often.:D

Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide.

Vote

Thanks for responding. Did vote for your ride. Never knew Hemmings had such a mag there are some very nice rides in this issue. Gotta like that SuperDuty Stationwagon.

You gotta vote just because it's a Buick!! :D

Here is a pic I snapped of it in Ohio this year..

OhioBPG2008+016.jpg