GNX-GTA wheels

ccbrett

QUICK 6
Hey guys ive been looking at pics of gnxes i want to find that type of wheel i dont want the narrow ones. Are the GTA where the fronts and rear diff. They are not diff on the GNX i dont think. Am i correct in this observation. Thanks.

Hey guys ive been looking at pics of gnxes i want to find that type of wheel i dont want the narrow ones. Are the GTA where the fronts and rear diff. They are not diff on the GNX i dont think. Am i correct in this observation. Thanks.

GNX wheels are different offsets front and rear. GTA wheels are different offsets front and rear as well but are different offsets than a GNX.

If you want to use the GTA wheels you should try to get four fronts but You could use the GTA front and rears by just putting the fronts in the back and the rears up front with adapters or spacers to space them out.

Also if you are looking for the closest looking GTA wheels you need to find the earlier version without the dimples at the end of the spokes;) I think they are from the 1986 and 87 years.

Check these pics out I was wondering if 4 rears worked because the fronts on gta dont look deep enough Thanks for the reply. Ive seen these cars with the repros and gta wheels and they just dont seem to look right.

Attachments

• 1%20003.jpg
    1%20003.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 182
  • gta.jpg
    gta.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 187
Another option....install B-Car front spindles, calipers, and rotors (12" rotors...yeh!) and you can run GTA rears on the front and, of course, GTA fronts on the rear with NO spacers. This mod will require Hotchkis tubular upper control arms (lighter and has a much better camber curve). The wheels will fit, you will have much better front brakes and a better handling car! This is what I have done on my GN.
Conrad

Check these pics out I was wondering if 4 rears worked because the fronts on gta dont look deep enough

GTA fronts are deeper than the rears. Browse the forums and find info about this, hundreds of people have installed GTA wheels.

Get 4 fronts or install the rears with spacers. GTA wheels will never be as deep as real GNX wheels.

Ok thanks for the replies. I thought looking at the wheels that the back would be because the black part looks to be the same measurement from the outer part to the front of the mesh part. In this picture this measurement is different on the rear GTA wheels Than the GNX Wheels. Thanks

Attachments

• gta2.jpg
    gta2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 147
Another option....install B-Car front spindles, calipers, and rotors (12" rotors...yeh!) and you can run GTA rears on the front and, of course, GTA fronts on the rear with NO spacers. This mod will require Hotchkis tubular upper control arms (lighter and has a much better camber curve). The wheels will fit, you will have much better front brakes and a better handling car! This is what I have done on my GN.
Conrad

Can I see some pics. Thanks

That looks great thats what i want to do but those look allot like the rears in the pics of the two gta wheels i have on here.unless im all turned around. Thanks.

Yes you are all turned around. :D The GTA fronts are deeper than the rears.I have both combos.I have 4 fronts on one car and 2 fronts and 2 rears on the other.

gn003.jpg

They both look good in my opinion. If you want a look closer to a GNX, use four fronts. Some have reported having to still use a spacer with the fronts depending on tire size.

Thanks there we go thats why i was confused so fronts is what i need. Thanks again. Those 2 look awesome got any pics up close. Thanks again