GNX Glass Question

gbsean

I talked to Doug Nigro tonight and he said no glass was removed at the ASC plant. I contacted Rick but he has not gotten back to me yet..The problem is someone needs his GNX windshield replaced with OEM.. but Buick was going back and forth between Flo Lite and PPG and suppliers the car has the AO2 option...Can someone look at their SPID sheet and windshield to see what is listed

MY GN HAD PPG WINDSHIELD FROM FACTORY, I REPLACED IT WITH ANOTHER PPG GLASS.. THE QUARTER GLASS IS PPG ON BOTH SIDES. THE DOOR GLASS(2) AND THE REAR HEATED GLASS ARE LOF..

E-mail must have been lost...the Windshield was not changed.....regards rick

ON A GN.. ALL GNX'S STARTED OUT AS GRAND NATIONALS.. THE LAST GNX I HAD IN MY GARAGE HAS A PPG W-S AS WELL,I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE IT HAD BEEN CHANGED..

Problem is my GN came with option code AO1 and we are looking for AO2 which was the tinted windshield...

2 words
Richard Clark

my 87 GN has ao1 option & lof in the windshield
only my quarter glass is ppg

A01 WAS SOFT-RAY TINTED GLASS(COULD REFER TO THE SIDE GLASS) AO2 SOFT-RAY TINTED WINDSHIELD,MY CAR JUST SHOWS AO1 ON THE OPTION LIST IN THE TRUNK. MY CAR DID COME WITH TINTED,SHADED WINDSHIELD..BACK IN THE DAY,MOST GM CARS WITH AC CAME WITH TINTED,SHADED WINDSHIELD..

GNXs had A01 soft ray tinted glass on the SPID label. Nothing special or different than a GN. LOF windshield, heated rear and door glass. PPG quarter glass. Windshield on mine said SHADED SOFT-RAY SAFETY AS-1 LOF FLO-LITE 3 LAMINATED JL DOT 15 M32 and has the shade at the top.