GNX fender flares: fiberglass vs plastic

85supreme

Does anyone have any experience dealing with reproduction GNX fender flares that are fiberglass vs OEM plastic style? I just realized that the ones kirbans sells are the plastic kind instead of fiberglass ones and am looking for whichever style fits best or is better quality.

Thanks.

the original GNx flare was a flexible abs plastic, , i think the parts place and kirbans is selling the plastic version now but not sure how close they are to the original material or their quality or fit
the danko are fiberglass and was what has been available for years
i did fiberglass because thats all that was available back then , they needed work sanding smoothing and fitting at the edge to fender before paint . I used kirbans repro welting kit
i want to try the plastic ones which are a little more expensive than fiberglass but haven't yet

Last edited:
I was thinking about trying the plastic ones as well since they are closer to the original material. I was just thinking it might be harder to modify the plastic ones if they also need tweaking to fit right.

I have the plastic ones. A bit pricier than FG but excellent quality for the money. I would do it again.

I have the plastic ones. A bit pricier than FG but excellent quality for the money. I would do it again.

Thanks for the input. As long as they're good quality, i'll probably be ordering the plastic ones from kirban soon.

I don't know about the fender flares but I bought some fender vents made of fiberglass and I find them very sturdy, much more than the flimsy abs ones I've seen…

Claude.