GNX Exhaust

Go to a muffler shop and have them make you one. It's really not all that expensive. Find one that does mandrel bends.

I think Kirban has an exhaust system for the GNX suspension. By the way, the 12" center to center mufflers seem to be a problem to obtain.
When I spoke to Kirban about 3 months ago he was looking into a stainless system for the GNX.
The other day at the AACA Hershey show, Jeff from oldbuickparts.com said the same thing as the blob...a good muffler should be able to repro one.
Let us know how you make out.

My stock GNX muffs were toast when i got the car so I had a local guy make a custom exhaust. It looks just like a factory system but I had him do it in 2.5". He used Magnaflow mufflers that DO NOT look stock, but they are a straight through design, fit well withing the limits of the GNX rear suspension, and they sound nice (mild and smooth not obnoxious).

After having this system built, the guys at GN1Performance said that their kit would work all the way back to the tailpipes and then you would have to do some customizing to get the rest done. At least this gives you an option.

I bought Kirban's aluminized system with stainless mufflers earlier in the year. I have not yet put it on. I think it's a copy of ATR's old system, but I'm not sure.

I'll install it in the next couple of weeks to get ready for the Buick vs. Ford shootout.

Looks like fabricating one is my only option - if any other ideas come up plese let me know - maybe someone has one fo those ATR or Kirban systems laying around to sell

Try asking the vendor. The system looks like a copy of the ATR system. I've got the ATR system on my X. It came with Pitbull mufflers which are a straight through design with a heavy gauge stainless steel case - pretty much bullet proof.

I installed the Kirban's system today. Fit was good, but no instructions and not all hardware was included. It came with two L brackets and two clamp on style hangers. Out of that I only used one of the L brackets. On the right side, the L bracket bolted to the tab that was welded on the tailpipe and slid into the factory hanger. The left side I bolted the factory rubber mount onto the tailpipe tab. I did have to trim about 3/4" off the left tailpipe to avoid rubbing on the gas tank. I probably should have trimmed the same amount off of the right to make the pipes come out exactly the same on both sides, but it's not really noticeable that the right is a little further back.

All and all pretty good install, but getting the stock exhaust out without dropping the rear or cutting it up is pretty tricky. While I had the panhard and ladder bars off I replaced all the bushings except the one on the front of the ladder bar. It still looked good.

The Magnaflow straight thru mufflers sound really good and should flow better than stock. Best of all, I won't get the spray of rust out the exhaust every time I start the car.

Check the pics out. If you have any questions please let me know.

GNX Exhaust pics

I called agressive auto and they dont have this exhaust anymore - i am not having much luck with this anyone have anyother ideas?

Did Kirban's say they were going to make more. I had to wait several months before they went into production. They might have been waiting for several orders at one time.

I could wait, because I wasn't in that big of a hurry.

Good luck,

I have the Mangnaflow's on my GNX now. They are straight thru and have a nice sound. You don't have many options on mufflers anyway because most of them won't fit in the tight area under the GNX.

STAINLESS CATBACK EXHAUST

Mark has it on sale now for $599. It's a 3" T304 exhaust, same one GN1Performance carries. I have this system on my car and love it. I got mine from GN1 only because Mark wasn't carrying it at the time.