GNX destroyed under Clunkers Program

PLEASE tell me that article is full of lies and deceit.

If this ends up verified, I want to know where the remains of that X are currently located.

Everytime i saw the new's stupid footage, it was totally irrelevent. A few times they showed cars from the late 70's . I hate the media, they waste so much gas taking pics with blurred pics of kids feet at schools, and always a useless closeups.. like a murder scene, then they just take a pic of a street sign, and the crime tape...ohhh, so compelling. It takes a whole crew in huge vehicles just to do that. Ive seen alot of cream puff vehicles in the local pullaparrt...its infuriating.

and here i thought the guy that traded in the 1989 20th anniversay pontiac was stupid (pg 115) , yeah theres a TTA on the list

I still say BS. Its probably like the other thread of the 49k mile WE4 that ended up being a POS 149k white limited.:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the turbo Buick don't qualify for the program. Those are most likely all NA Buick's. Our cars were rated at 25 MPG. Then again there is a daily driven GNX near me with over 275K on it so maybe he traded it in finally

trade-in vehicles must get 18 or less MPG (some very large pick-up trucks and cargo vans have different requirements).

There are more idiots out there then u think..good story

a 1997 Continental R is worth $50k plus depending on miles.....they are ultra collector cars in the Bentley world....

too many IDIOTS...I said IDIOTS....if a car is worth $5k plus...why trade it in on a new car? so you can lose more money on the drive off the lot depreciation ...

sell your car...and then buy a used car of the model you want...SIMPLE..dont buy NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a car that I am selling for my brother...a Mercedes CL600 2004...30k miles...bulletproof drivetrain ----a $130k sticker 500 hp 600 ft. lbs. of torque....less then 500 are made annually ......I am selling it for him for $33k (cheap for what this car offers) the car has messaging and air conditioned seats and runs low 12's .......really cool car...

now I have a friend AGAINST my advice went out and bought a new 2009 IS350 Lexus...nice car... but every yuppy from the east to west owns one...so not COOL at all...he paid $44k for this car with 200 miles

I got him on the phone...before he bought this IS350 about this super Benz and EXPLAINED about the Lexus vs. the Benz...he said he wanted a Lexus and wasnt sure about a Mercedes reliability and the year...(these cars are virtually like tanks) :confused:....I said ok you will see.....:confused:

He came over this morning with his car....I said hey lets go for a ride in this CL600...he was speechless the entire ride....the car runs stock low 12's....afterwards he cursed himself out for not buying the CL600 and buying a yuppy car....he couldnt believe he bought a $46k msrp car over a $130k msrp car....he kept saying it is 10x more luxury and 10x faster...**** **** **** I ****ed up.........now he is upside down on his car $12k....LOL.... I tried ...people are idiots when it comes to cars......****ing idiots....

a car enthusiast is a real world car buyer...the best advice...read motor trend car and driver...know about cars... this will help your pocket and ego later trust me

It seems so totally unfathomable.. but the info is coming from a government website.

CARS program

So the list is from the GOV. Why start believing them now? It also states that (19) 1984 Riviera Convertibles and (1) 1985 Riviera Convertible were accepted for the program.......Where would 20 of these be to trade in??? Also, why would it be under ASC and not Buick Regal or Buick Grand National? ASC did not make the car Buick did.
I think the GOV is pulling a fast one with this list, as it is almost impossible to verify. If it is true then there are alot of stupid people out there.

Here's what GETS me!

There is a vid on YouTube of a C5 Vette that was "clunkered" and the dealer service guys are video taping the "death". The guy pours the "cool-aid" in the oil fill tube and proceeds to start and run the car until it locked up. Here's the kicker......They left the oil cap off and the thing belched more snoke into the air while being "killed" than it would have released if driven for 10 more years:eek: All in the name of saving the planet.:confused::confused:

I'm pretty sure the turbo Buick don't qualify for the program. Those are most likely all NA Buick's. Our cars were rated at 25 MPG. Then again there is a daily driven GNX near me with over 275K on it so maybe he traded it in finally

trade-in vehicles must get 18 or less MPG (some very large pick-up trucks and cargo vans have different requirements).
It qualifies
CARS - Car Allowance Rebate System

If that was really a GNX lets not forget it had to be registered and insured for the last year in order to qualify. Meaning it was a running driving GNX:confused:

Seems to me the dealer would just take it in on standard trade... not clunker.

Our cars are rated at a revised 18 mpg according to the cash for clunkers website. Which is just low enough to qualify. Also just because the car was regged and insured for the past year, doesn't mean it wasn't a wrecked car that was bought back and necessarily in good running condition.