GNX Dash

rc1626

For Sale:
Original ASC GNX dash. I purchased the Cluster Bezel, Mounting Panel, and Dash Applique from Joe Harrington some 7-8 years ago. The package also came with original blueprint modifications, wiring schematics, and installation instructions. (have pics) I assembled the dash with the Autometer Sport Comp gauges you see in the pics. The gauges chosen were the same type (not brand) as on the GNX and placed in the same locations. (Speedo, Tach, Oil, Water, Boost, & Fuel) Oil and water gauge sending units will be enclosed. You will need to get a new hose for the boost gauge. There was a little modification done to the cluster bezel back side to allow for the large grey rings around the sport comp gauges. I also modified the idiot light panel on the left of the cluster. The original set up called for fuse style lamps. I could not find the specific lamps needed so I modified the setup with a more common style dash/marker bulb. And I added some tubing to house the left/right turn and hi-beam bulbs. Without them housed you would see an annoying flash of the signal bulbs or the constant brightness of the hi-beam bulb behind the entire dash applique when used. These tubes focus the light to just the spot on the dash applique that should be lit up when they are used.

The ASC blueprints called for the dash mounting bucket to be cut and modified to accommodate for the gauges and speedo cable. I saved my original and it will be part of this package so you don’t have to modify your existing one. Another modification that will need to be done in order to run the speedo cable correctly will be cutting into the heat/ac duct behind the dash. Unfortunately I did not remove my old one for this package so you will have to modify your existing one. (It’s all in the instructions) Also not part of the package but will be included in this one is the correct upper Speedo cable as well as the speed sensor that goes between the upper and lower cables to still allow for OD. And last but not least the bezel panel is complete. I purchased a second one to modify for the GNX dash applique. No need to modify your original. Save all your original dash items to put the dash back to stock if need be.

This is not a plug & play dash and does require the person installing it to read wiring schematics carefully. I used special crimps that allowed me to splice into each wire from the original main cluster harness with out having to cut them. This allowed me to remove the GNX dash and install the original with no problems. The gauge cluster is still wired as seen in the pics. The wire colors are not the same as what is in the installation instructions. Some work will have to be done with following the wiring schematic and figuring out which wires on the back of the GNX cluster go to the car’s main cluster wiring harness. There is a company out there that sells a Buick GNX & GN connector mate dash bulkhead. It is an 18 way connector that I believe would allow you to connect directly to the original dash connector harness and not have to splice. (PM or e-mail me for more info)

I’ve been out of the GN/Turbo T world for a little over a year now and had this lying around from after I sold my car. It worked perfectly in my car. I loved the GNX look as well as the functionality. Check out the pic of the dash in my Turbo T. Aside from not having the Stewart Warner gauges and the couple of slight modifications (which actually make it better), this is an original ASC GNX dash. Once installed the only difference you will notice will be the gauges. Oh and the Speedo only has 876 miles recorded on it. Great addition to any Buick TR. Dash will be sold in as is shape with no warranty intended or implied. Dash has also been put up for sale locally.

Any additional information needed please e-mail or PM me.

$1200

Thanks for looking.
Rob

Attachments

• oct 25 2011 1333.jpg
    oct 25 2011 1333.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 478
  • oct 25 2011 1334.jpg
    oct 25 2011 1334.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 477
  • oct 25 2011 1335.jpg
    oct 25 2011 1335.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 476
  • oct 25 2011 1336.jpg
    oct 25 2011 1336.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 484
  • oct 25 2011 1337.jpg
    oct 25 2011 1337.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 484
Price is $1200. Sorry........that's important.

A couple more pics.....
Dash complete & speed sensor,upper speedo cable, and sending units.

oct 25 2011 1346.jpgoct 25 2011 1345.jpg

Does it have the VSS Conver Tach Module and VSS Convertor??