GNX dash cluster

garrett

Several years ago I purchased the GNX dash cluster kit from Postons before they went under. I did not get to installing the cluster for reason that I won't get into here. This is the cluster that has the black face VDO guages. I recently installed the cluster in my 87 GN. It looks cool, but I have one problem. The tach doesn't work properly. When I start the engine, the tach moves up to 1000 RPMs and then falls down to 100 RPMs. It doesn't matter how much the engine is revved after that point, the tach doesn't move. The tech support phone number listed with the instructions is out of service. Does anyone on this board have experience with these clusters or have any advice as to what might be wrong with it? I triple checked the connection of attaching the white wire from the tach to the white wire of the auxillery harness, as per the instructions.

Here' s the installation instructions for the AVC GNX Style Dash that also uses VDO instruments. Take a look at their installation instructions for the tachometer.....should be the same (I would think).

dave

AVC dash cluster 003.jpg

Attachments

• AVC Directions.pdf
    326.6 KB · Views: 101
I'll check out the connection outlined in step #28. Maybe thats the problem. This looks like a slightly older version of the cluster I have.

John Spina at Caspers Electronics might be able to help. Caspers sells several VDO adapter boxes.