GNX 449 Meets GNX 001

nash871233

A very cool thing happened to me today at the Detroit Autorama. :biggrin: While I was setting up, I didn't notice I was right across from the GM Performance display. So while I'm setting up my display, a gentleman drives past in a new Camaro Pace Car... as he's driving by he says you're in a good spot, 001 is going to be here. It was then I looked up and seen the GM display sign. :cool: So while the GM guys were setting up their display, they parked 001 close enough to me, I was able to get some pic's. :D Does it get any better then this?

Attachments

• DSC01903.jpg
    DSC01903.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 662
Here's a couple more of #001 and mine.

I would like to do a shout out to my friend John for helping me set up! I told him we had to pick up our game when I found out #449 was going to be in close proximity to GM's baby! :cool:

Attachments

• DSC01900.jpg
    DSC01900.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 653
  • DSC01905.jpg
    DSC01905.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 650
  • DSC01906.jpg
    DSC01906.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,551
Sweet!!! Thats awesome!!!! Btw Anyone ever notice the display motor next to the car in the gm display isnt a 109....?

Btw Anyone ever notice the display motor next to the car in the gm display isnt a 109....?

Oh?! Do tell.

I've seen it (and #001) a few times at Autorama and it does have some irregularities... but, I've never checked the casting number.

Hello, I met you at the show. I am owner of #418. I have just registered here. Nice pictures.

Hi Brewster! Seen your post on the other thread... welcome to the board, nice meeting and talking with you as well! Like the other member's asked... post some pic's of #418 when you get a chance.

Oh?! Do tell.

I've seen it (and #001) a few times at Autorama and it does have some irregularities... but, I've never checked the casting number.
I think its a stage block it has the power 6 cast into the side of the block and also it has a modified oil pan with an fittings and a dry sump setup on it lol...you should have seen the look on the gm guys face..On of the Gm big wigs was walkin around and i walked up to them and asked y they used a different engine for the display...The Gm tech dudes smug reply was "thats the gnx motor it the same exact motor that in that car" I told him no its not..

The Big wig dude said "oooo this is getting interesting lets see " So the tech pops the hood of the gnx and i pointed out the blue ac oil filter that wasnt present on the display cause it had the drysump setup on it...The look on his face was priceless :eek::eek::eek::confused:

The big wig dude was like wow good eye you really know ur GNs...I said yea i got a gn and a Turbo t I only wish i had a gnx i know a lil bit :p The other dude whips out his phone and starts callin someone to find out how in the world that could have happened it was awesome lol!!!:biggrin:

Nash you car is awesome thanks for chattin with me it was nice to meet you at the show, im glad you were flyin the buick flag high!!!!! Hopefully ill se ya at a show or cruise during the summer!!!