Do you like these aftermarket rims?

• Yes

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 81.8%
  • they are OK

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters
I think it looks pretty damn sweet myself, just cause he put 20s means he screwed it up? Get real, it his car he can do what he wants, why do people rag on someone cause they dont like it. Ive seen a hell of a lot uglier

IT'S NOT AN "X"!!!:confused: The front quarter vents were not mounted at the same angle as the body lines on a real GNX. The rims BLOW!!:eek:

HEY MURT!

Where on the Cape.?.......I may be down the street from you. Your e-mail address is no good says Umass. Does the guy have any plans to sell the GNX wheels? Drew:)

I totally agree w/ littlesixsteve that it looks like it came out of a hotwheels package. The wheels themselves don't look bad. They belong on a Escalade or something. My question is, why not go with the Simmons wheels???? Now those look BAD on the GNX.

Hey drew, I live right down in Hyannis, my friend with the GNX lives a few miles away in barnstable, he also has another TTA at his house right now that he is doing some work on. If your ever in the area or if you wanna check out his GNX let me know. He's usually there working on some car on the weekends. I think he's going to keep the GNX wheels, but might have a set of front GTA wheels, there is alot of turbo buick parts at his house.

turboscott-- i know he was looking at those simmons 3 peice wheels in i think 17 or 18's to replace the 20's but just had the 20's laying around and wanted to see how they look on the GNX, those simmons wheels are sweet tho..

~Murt

Murt will you & your HOODS be at the Hyannis Mall this summer?:D

Maybe catch up with you when I go to cape house.

Hey any good place to ride dirtbikes on or off cape??

Murt, what type of wheels are they?
They would look HOT if they were 17", but IMO 20s are too big.

BUTT UGLY! Even if they were free, I'd have it in the garage on stands before I'd do that to a GNX, if it were mine.

And I would NOT drop a stage II twin set up either, I'd get a high mileage TR to go nuts with.

Geez.....only 547 made and this is what #16 gets done to it..:(

1. I like the wheels, but for my wife's Tahoe.

2. Some 18" Iforged with black centers would look good on there.

I like them, and I don't mind the size but the stance is all wrong...It looks like a 4 wheels drive, it's way to tall overall.

if it was lowered, it would look badass, but then you'd probably have to modify the wheel wells, to make it work, and I wouldn't want to do all of that to a GNX...If they were smaller and the car was lower it would be awesome.

Hey its a car ya its rare but its not the space shuttle drive it it has about 130k miles on it the orig. motor and trans have 40 k on them

Good GOD!, what's he trying to accomplish? Make a GNX look like it belongs in the 'hood instead of the rare classy ride it WAS. Dump the stupid azz rims and decals and make look normal again.....GEEZUS KRIST.

Originally posted by mydesigner
I think it looks pretty damn sweet myself, just cause he put 20s means he screwed it up? [/QUOTE

No, the fact that it's sitting in the snow with no motor, the door lock punched out, stickers on the windows, etc. It just pisses me off to see a person destroy such a rare car "just because they can." Remindes me of that Rod Sabouy(sp) guy in Car Craft a few years ago that took a 20,000 mile, all original '63 split window, Fuel Injected Vette, pulled the drivetrain out and built a Pro Street piece of crap just because he could.:mad:
But, like you said, it's his car he can do what he wants. :( :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gn1220
Originally posted by mydesigner
I think it looks pretty damn sweet myself, just cause he put 20s means he screwed it up? [/QUOTE

No, the fact that it's sitting in the snow with no motor, the door lock punched out, stickers on the windows, etc. It just pisses me off to see a person destroy such a rare car "just because they can." Remindes me of that Rod Sabouy(sp) guy in Car Craft a few years ago that took a 20,000 mile, all original '63 split window, Fuel Injected Vette, pulled the drivetrain out and built a Pro Street piece of crap just because he could.:mad:
But, like you said, it's his car he can do what he wants. :( :rolleyes:
AMEN!

GNX with 20's

The guy bought the car.Drove it for years everyday.He commuted from Cape Cod to Boston. An easy 100 mile a day commute. He's just put the body back on after restoring the frame..
Whats better or worse? Someone who uses/enjoys what they have...Or..Someone who buys a car,keeps it locked up all the time.Takes it out only on perfect days.Spends more time waxing than driving.. its an investment?? Leave your money in the bank,get a new hobby..
They are only rims.Changed almost as easily as your shoes......... George

Still curious as to what type of wheels those are.
Like I said, I like if they were smaller and Like Big-G said, they're just wheels. easy enough to swap over.