gnx#11

No, I don't know about the real #11 but I know of a clone that has #11 on the dash plate.It was in New England for several years but sold on Ebay about a year ago.I don't know where it ended up.
I'm sure the owner of the real#11 wouldn't be crazy about there being a fake #11 out there.:mad:

I don't understand why some of you guys get upset about "clones". They intrest me none, but the only people a true GNX owner should be upset with I would think is GM, being they are the ones who #'rd them. Isn't it kind of pointless to be upset about it? Unless the person is lying and trying to pass it off as the real deal. Even then, who cares, theres thousands and thousands of people lying everyday trying to get more $$ for their car. Just go to your local used car dealer and listen to all the crap he's going to make up about that "classic muscle car" on his lot hes trying to sell you. If someone whos in the market for a GNX isn't smart enough to do their homework to make sure its authentic before they buy then they have no concerns about throwing away money. I'm sure there where people trying to come up with all the info and parts to make their turbobuick into a "GNX" before the last one rolled off the line. If I could afford a really nice GNX, I'd have one. But since you can do a few simple mods to a GN and be faster than a GNX, why bother? Just take off your emblems, buy some copy cat fender flares and wheels. And you look just like a GNX to the average smo. And that average smo is going to tell you that you have one very nice looking automobile. Maybe if I actually had one I'd feel differant, who knows. Just my thoughts at the moment I guess.:confused:

I don't understand why some of you guys get upset about "clones". They intrest me none, but the only people a true GNX owner should be upset with I would think is GM, being they are the ones who #'rd them. Isn't it kind of pointless to be upset about it? Unless the person is lying and trying to pass it off as the real deal. Even then, who cares, theres thousands and thousands of people lying everyday trying to get more $$ for their car. Just go to your local used car dealer and listen to all the crap he's going to make up about that "classic muscle car" on his lot hes trying to sell you. If someone whos in the market for a GNX isn't smart enough to do their homework to make sure its authentic before they buy then they have no concerns about throwing away money. I'm sure there where people trying to come up with all the info and parts to make their turbobuick into a "GNX" before the last one rolled off the line. If I could afford a really nice GNX, I'd have one. But since you can do a few simple mods to a GN and be faster than a GNX, why bother? Just take off your emblems, buy some copy cat fender flares and wheels. And you look just like a GNX to the average smo. And that average smo is going to tell you that you have one very nice looking automobile. Maybe if I actually had one I'd feel differant, who knows. Just my thoughts at the moment I guess.:confused:
I don't get upset about clones,I own one.;)
I just said the owner of #11 might not be happy to know someone else has #11 on their dash too.
FWIW,the dashplaque in my clone is from a GNX that no longer exists. :frown:
IM000202.jpg

At least you can drive the clone and not worry about it.
With a real one you are Worrying about someone running
into you or walking down the side of your car with a key.:mad: :mad:
With a Clone, “No Big Deal” With an original paint GNX….
Well; you get the picture!!

good god thats a beutiful car 2nastybuicks. I'd love to have the wheels flares and louvers on my gn's. But both of mine are in such nice original condition I'm scared to go cutting on them. Makes me want to find a gn thats needing paint and go make me a clone. :D Do you have the rear-end too? Also, what's the story of the one that no longer exist that your using the # from? Just curious.
It just seems from reading some of the past post in the GNX section that theres been some people peeved about clones.

good god thats a beutiful car 2nastybuicks. I'd love to have the wheels flares and louvers on my gn's. But both of mine are in such nice original condition I'm scared to go cutting on them. Makes me want to find a gn thats needing paint and go make me a clone. :D Do you have the rear-end too? Also, what's the story of the one that no longer exist that your using the # from? Just curious.
It just seems from reading some of the past post in the GNX section that theres been some people peeved about clones.
Thanks,no it has pretty much everything but the rearend.I was going to get the GNX rear after I got an issue solved,but I'm begining to think it will never be solved.:mad:
I got the dashplate about 8 years ago from a guy in PA that parted out a wrecked GNX.
This is an old engine pic ,before I got my relay relocation brackets and inner fender vents.BTW this car was an all original 85 GN when I started with it.
enginerafuse.jpg

hey guys I have the real gnx#11,just got it from a guy in Michigan.Also I dont care about clones,recreations,tributes,or almost real.their will always be look alikes.This car will be driven,as it was intended to be.

I don't get upset about clones,I own one.;)
I just said the owner of #11 might not be happy to know someone else has #11 on their dash too.
FWIW,the dashplaque in my clone is from a GNX that no longer exists. :frown:
IM000202.jpg

That's a sweet clone ya got there :cool: