Gnx 007

nonova0074

So I was at the local gas station today and the guy delivering gas said that he has gnx 007. So I was like WOW!!! he stated it has been off the road since 1988 and has only 500 or so miles on it. I started asking him questions about the car and then he tells me it had t-tops HUH???? He said he had it specially ordered with them and had to have the frame streghtend to get it that way. Is there any truth to this cause I thought it was a load of bull. He also told me he put regular gn wheels on it cause he didnt like the gnx wheels and has the org wheels and tires. Plus this guy thought I had a gnx cause I have gta wheels with gnx caps.

NO T-Top GNXs, a few have moonroof

NO T-Top GNXs, a few have moonroof
like ASC Owner, number 31, I believe
now owned by RC in NC, check out youtube there are some videos
of Richard Clark Open House I shot couple years back

X 0 0 7 was an early press-pool car (built June 29th) that was lightly rear-ended on Route 9 in Freehold NJ early in its life. It has since been through various owners across the country, last reported in OR circa 2006.

Of course, it did not have T-Tops.

Hope this helps,
Doug

So I was at the local gas station today and the guy delivering gas said that he has gnx 007. So I was like WOW!!! he stated it has been off the road since 1988 and has only 500 or so miles on it. I started asking him questions about the car and then he tells me it had t-tops HUH???? He said he had it specially ordered with them and had to have the frame streghtend to get it that way. Is there any truth to this cause I thought it was a load of bull. He also told me he put regular gn wheels on it cause he didnt like the gnx wheels and has the org wheels and tires. Plus this guy thought I had a gnx cause I have gta wheels with gnx caps.

Gnx 031

031 does not have the moonroof - I have had it since 1991 and bought it from the original owner

I owned GNX006 for about 5 years .This car was sold new @ Shumacher Buick
West palm Beach Fla.I was told it was parked next to 007 at the same dealer for awhile ,never was able to find out the truth.But that was awhile ago as well.Funny thing 006 had rear body repairs done as well at some point:confused:nt.

RC in NC has GNX 033 with Moonroof, NOT GNX 031

Oops, off the top of my head, I thought it was 31, it is GNX 033 that has a moonroof... previously owned by ASC Heinz Prechter

bio of Heinz
Heinz Prechter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here is the video of GNX 033 I shot in NC during RC open house

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHFkj_Cpwc[/YOUTUBE]

I knew he was full of it, I just wanted to confirm

Now hunt his a$$ back down and own him! I've ran into several people over the year that see me in the GN and say they "know" someone or "own" one or "had" a GNX at one time. I jump all over them and ask them a few specific questions and so far all of them I've walked away telling them no... you didn't own, know, or have a GNX! :D

I hear you philly, I for sure know of 2 gnx's in NJ. But were resently sold one this year and one about 4yrs ago. One was my friends friend from jersey city and his wife bought it for him brand new and now has a porshe. The other one was a higher number car and my paintless dent repair guy had. That car was in a MAJOR hail storm and was BAD. But once he removed all the dings and dent the car wasnt that bad. I have to get in touch with ken to find out the number of the car.

For my GNX Clone, I picked GNX 007 for personal plates

James Bond idea too...

check out youtube video below my signature... the rear of car shows it...

Now I'm in Maine and decided to get XSTASY for personal plates... since I have XSTASY on my Jeep AND T-Top 87 GN

real simple - all 3 of my plates are spelled the same - XSTASY
in some states, your not allowed to register those names...

Thats why I took it long ago.lol even when it was the old turbobuick.com com in the nineties.

I wanted "WTF" for my NSX but was denied because it was'nt proper.
For my GNX Clone, I picked GNX 007 for personal plates

James Bond idea too...

check out youtube video below my signature... the rear of car shows it...

Now I'm in Maine and decided to get XSTASY for personal plates... since I have XSTASY on my Jeep AND T-Top 87 GN

real simple - all 3 of my plates are spelled the same - XSTASY
in some states, your not allowed to register those names...

Several years ago, (maybe 10 or more...), I was at Englishtown, NJ for some Buick-related event and in the pits, my GN was parked right next to GNX #007. I spoke with the then owner for a while, a nice guy...The only thing I know now is that the car was sold a few years later to someone on the west coast, (Oregon makes sense) and was DRIVEN there too...

That's all I know...

Claude. :smile:

Here's some blurry pics of #007 (dark, no flash) when it was at my house. The car still had the Michigan manufacturer's plates on at the time.

Scott Oldham (then Popular Mechanics, now Edmunds Inside Line) and myself took a couple of blasts up and down Rt33 with a few practice launches thrown in for good measure. Did I mention that Scott was 18 at the time?!?:eek:

It was on his way home when he was rear-ended lightly at a traffic light on Rt9. The car was promptly repaired and returned to the NY Press Pool.

Fast forward about 93/94 and I see the car at Raceway Park and it looked like a daily-driven car. The rims were showing signs of brake dust buildup and pitting. The paint was a little rough as well. That's the last I've seen or heard of #007.

Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Attachments

• GNX.jpg
    GNX.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 641
I saw the 007 GNX few weeks ago in a local classic car show here on Puerto Rico.

I'm not sure if the car is the real thing or a clone but it seems very original to me with all GNX features. If this car is the real 007 GNX it is in great shape and in working order.