GNX 001 at Kansas City's WOW

YouLikeThat

GM has GNX 001 @ the World of Wheels booth this weekend. I've spent a lot of time looking it over and its been well kept. They have some custom prototype cars but only two are behind ropes, the GNX and the 200mph ecotech machine. Let me know if you guys need any info on this car, I'll be back up there Sunday to pick up my GN and could take some more pics or whatever.

FieldtripWoldofwheels022.jpg

FieldtripWoldofwheels021.jpg

FieldtripWoldofwheels020.jpg

FieldtripWoldofwheels019.jpg

FieldtripWoldofwheels018.jpg

FieldtripWoldofwheels017.jpg

FieldtripWoldofwheels012.jpg

FieldtripWoldofwheels011.jpg

FieldtripWoldofwheels009.jpg

Whats up with the engine on the stand???It has a belt driven oil pump???

Not sure, I asked them and they just said it was just for showing what the motor looked like. I couldn't remember if our factory blocks have it or not but this block had a turbo "6" as part of the casting and didn't have a factory turbo oil drain.

I'll take some more detailed pictures of the motor.

looks good still i saw it back in 08 i think it was at the woodward dreamcruise ...only differnce i see is the sticker on the front windshield ...and miles are right around what it had back then 4xxx ...my first GNX i ever seen in person

GNX1.jpg

I remember seeing #001 and that same display engine about 10-12 years ago at the Detroit Autorama. The cars paint job at that time was pretty bad, had scratches & lots of flaws. I heard it was painted sometime before the woodward dream cruise (the one mentioned above) and looked A LOT better afterwards. I Guess all that travelling around to auto shows took its toll on #1 (it used to go to a bunch of shows all across the country).

I saw GNX #500 about 5 years ago, and that one looks pretty good. you can check it out here: Buick Regal GNX #500

Not a very good pic but this is GNX #1 in Ohio.

Joe

Attachments

• gnx1.jpg
    gnx1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 631
Cool pic:cool:!

I wonder what the black canister is for right behind the turbo?

Maybe a air/oil seperator for the pass side breather?

I cant believe they dont have a cover over the TB its just open to air, dust etc.

ALso noticed the oil pump setup (not connected tho), different oilpan and black IC fan

I'm glad that GM keeps some of this stuff around.

Agreed. Too bad there's no modern counterpart in Buick's lineup. The new weenie, wrong-wheel-drive Regal doesn't cut it when you look at the likes of G8, CTS-V and Camaro. But hey, as long as they keep showing off the GNX, perhaps there's a glimmer of hope that the future could bring back a true, premium coupe. A twin-turbo 3.6L would be cool. :cool:

Buick Division has been about performance coupled with luxury since the early 1900s but the emphasis comes and goes over the years.

gnx 004

i know where is the gnx 004 in tijuana mexico, somebody nows the original owner? the car is stolen i think !!because the vin number sais 83 regal,but have all gnx parts ,diferential,stickers of asc mclaren,gauches,turbo cover,rims,fender flags,and all emblems,,
is not for sale but ,the owners sais me he buy it stolen an he dont care because is a gnx ,,, if you know some thing i can give information of this invaluable piece of history...

email me to. cachorro-149@hotmail.com

Super awesome, thanks for posting the pics! I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see that in person. Maybe one day when I win the lotto I'll jut buy it. =]