gn1s and stock T&D roller rocker alignment probs.

kcalvin

I just got a new set of gn1s and I wanted to use a set of T&D shaft roller rockers off my old stock heads. Is there any possible way to make adjustments to improve the alignment of these roller rockers? I would hate to have to junk the old set to get a new pair.

Some guys have been able to do it, but I would recommend just selling yours and buying the correct ones. I have seen guys use stock rockers even, but they always seem to break eventually. I even had to re shim the "correct" T&D roller rockers for my GN1's.

Whats the best way to set the rockers once you have the correct ones? any tech articles on this?

49-blues said:
Whats the best way to set the rockers once you have the correct ones? any tech articles on this?
The T&D's come with a shim aligning tool to use with one of the valve springs removed.Final adjustment of valve is with rockers backed off completely, between 1 and 2 turns in max of total valve adjustment.

T&D Machine

For a minimal price T&D Machine( http://tdmach.com/ ) can provide the spacers and shims to correct alignment of the rockers. That is if the heads are the style with one shaft per head. :wink:

HTH,John