GN1 Radiators

liquidh8

Has anyone used one of these? I see the same thing at TR's also. My old stocker is leaking and I have fixed it once already in a different spot. This is for a every day driver hybrid. I have been looking for something with both coolers.

Thanks all.

Have one. Nice radiator. Can't get trans cooler to stop leaking at brass fitting. Fits well. Cools well.

Last edited:
Has anyone used one of these? I see the same thing at TR's also. My old stocker is leaking and I have fixed it once already in a different spot. This is for a every day driver hybrid. I have been looking for something with both coolers.

Thanks all.
Just re-core your stock one if the tanks are good

How about a Ron Davis, that's what I got for my GN. Comes with dual SPALS and the coolers are mounted on opposite sides of the rad for more efficiency. The oil cooler is in the same position, while the trans cooler is on the driver side, a little replumbing, but they work way better. Am very happy with it.
John

ALRADCO....
X2
I have the GN1 and it works really good but it isn't factory looking like the Alradco and I had to paint it black to make it some what factory looking. If I knew about Alradco I would of bought one from them, plus it is made here in the USA not China and he is a supporting member.

Alradco is the way to fly and cools perfect and does not leak no where , my br has a GN1 and it leaks at the trans fitting and the cheap plastic pet cock leaks also , go figure what I recommend .

Thanks for your replies guys. I had thought about getting what I have re-cored, my tanks aren't all smashed, but the upper rad hos fitting had to be resoldered in. The steel braces are all pitted and rusty, and the fins are green and deteriorating. The Alradco looks factory and good for sure, but I don't need factory looking. I need it to fit in the budget and cool as good as the factory.

Thanks again.

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the higher cost is forgotten, or something like that. This from one of the board cheap skates. I'm saving for the alradco.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Alradco is the way to fly and cools perfect and does not leak no where , my br has a GN1 and it leaks at the trans fitting and the cheap plastic pet cock leaks also , go figure what I recommend .
I had the same problem with the trans fittings so I had to use a Teflon paste from Jegs to seal them up. As for the pet cock you might be able to replace the plastic one for a brass one, available at most auto parts stores.

While the GN1 cools no doubt. I did have the core to end tank start leaking and I had to repair it.

Thanks everyone for the positive words and feedback. We really appreciate it.

Peter

Thanks for your replies guys. I had thought about getting what I have re-cored, my tanks aren't all smashed, but the upper rad hos fitting had to be resoldered in. The steel braces are all pitted and rusty, and the fins are green and deteriorating. The Alradco looks factory and good for sure, but I don't need factory looking. I need it to fit in the budget and cool as good as the factory.

Thanks again.

I have an Alradco aluminum radiator in excellent condition that has 300 miles on it. I'll sell it for $250 plus shipping.