GN1 performance exhaust fitting problems?

HOOGENRAAD

I am putting my new 3" dual exhaust on my t and it fits like crap! The mufflers hang a lot lower than my old kenne bell system. The main issue is the passanger side tailpipe is hitting the coil spring. The muffler is all the way on the extension pipe and the tailpipe is all the way into the rear of the muffler. Drivers side fits perfect. The instructions say not to cut any of the new exhaust. I am running a 3" houston downpipe with a short gutted cat. The downpipe is already cut close to the curve where it goes up. Has anybody had any issues with this system fitting?

STAINLESS CATBACK EXHAUST Got plenty of pics on my site of the system installed. Putting exhaust systems on can be a pain in the butt, especially when working without a lift. When I put mine on I did have to do some minor cutting but mainly because my car sits so low. Take a break and go at it again. Hopefully you are using band clamps, allows you to assemble and make adjustments as needed. Regular clamps, once you tighten them up you are stuck with where they are positioned.

Exhaust Systam Install

Try starting to install it starting from the back (tail pipes first) , then slowly proceed with your installation towards the front of car. I've read lots on the subject & many people have stated that this is the way to do it, as it seems to make a difference.

And be sure to use stainless band clamps.

Good Luck with your installation.

dave

I have the GN1 3" stainless steel exhaust system on my GN and couldn't be happier. It fits ok and the only minor "tweak" I had to do upon installation was to shorten the front "y" pipe about 1" to move the whole muffler/tailpipe assembly forward a bit because the tailpipe rubbed slightly against the front of the rear axle tube. Moving the muffler and tailpipes took care of that. Other than that, zero problems! :wink: Here's a few pics below...

Claude. :smile: