GN1 Aluminum head Q's and ATR Double pump Q's

Fast231

Turbo Luvr
Hey All,

As spring draws near it's time to start getting the final bit's together to start my build up.

Do GN1's (8 Bolt) take a specific head bolt number from ARP? know what the number is? (223-4204 for 8 bolt heads? need one package or two?)

How about exhaust bolts? Can i use the same one as OE head? any idea of a torque value?

The Atr pump kit-where is the recomended place to mount the presure switch? On the relay there are three wires coming out-I assume one is for ign power and the other two are??? Also the lead that attaches to the alt has a second terminal coming from it, assumtion tell me its for a tell tale light..?..?..

Prolly the start of many questions to come,

Thanks for your help:cool:

As I recall, one "set" of bolts is all you need. Of course you know, each head has 2 different size bolts.
Stock exhaust bolts work. If you don't have stock headers, all bets are off. I used the stock torque values, except on the head bolts, that was 85'#s

The stock ezhaust bolts on mine were about 2 threads too long. Grind alittle off the ends or put a washer on them. They do take different head bolts than the iron heads. The 2 end bolts on each side under the valve covers are a little longer.

oops 223-4204 are head studs- 123-3602 are head bolts-these correct for GN1's?:confused:

Thanks!

Just a bit of been there done that:
I've installed a set of GN1's on a car where the head was leaking coolant out of the center top exhaust manifold bolt on the driver side. Must have been a machining defect, but now i put a little ultra copper high temp rtv on the exhaust bolts just in case.

Before you put the heads on....hold a gn1 in one hand and hold a stocker in the other........HUGE difference huh??:D

One thing that bears mentioning here is the exhaust bolt holes.
Last I heard Tommy wasn't tapping the holes to full depth[he may be now].
Check them and tap them to full depth with a plug or bottoming tap.
That'll give you better thread engagement.