GN vs civic dork

The new target for bigotry in the US: Hondas.

Is it worth the effort? My wife has a Civic. If I drive it to the store, am I a ricer? Get a grip folks.

We're not talking about normal folks who use the car for practical transportation, Ellis, aren't you paying attention? Those who got the point, know what we're talking about. The story is about a street race versus a honda, it's a street racing forum.

Re: True.....

Originally posted by Big Paul
I have a friend with a '90 CRX worked up and runs 14.30's and 13.80's on the gas. Its done right, and isn't fancy or anything, and he hates the "ricers" I consider him an import guy.

I also have a friend with a '99 Civic SI, car just has an intake, but he's not stupid enough to think that cars fast. My moms stock Monte will burn him. He's an import guy as well, and hates the "ricers"

I know a couple of guys with nice Hondas, no I don't consider them ricers. They are in it the same reason we are - to go faster.

BTW: Would you consider this guy a ricer? I have talked to him before and he's really cool just a little misplaced. '89 Civic 4dr, huge wing and a fart can, everything else is stock, I know I can whoop on him in my truck. But he's a cool dude, hmmmm, don't know if I could consider him a "ricer." To me it matters more on "whos driving what, then whats he driving"

Yes, he is a rice boy. Doesn't mean you can't talk to him. I'm sure you still pop a joke every once and awhile, don't lie. ;)

HAH! I knew you were in Chucktown! Yep there are some rediculous ricers down there. For some reason, every driver of a civic with clear tail lights thinks it's fast. And the WINGS!

I was stationed down there for 4 years, and just got out a year ago. What command you at? There was a guy down there with a red GN a couple of years ago. My friend (*JOKER* aka Ray) just left there. I'll be back down there in a couple of weeks for reserve weekend.

Friend drives a 2002 S-2000 Honda, excellent car, out handles most any car, has great acceleration at high rpms. He changed the stock rims to a inch bigger, similar to the stock 5 stars..put a K&N airfilter with a ram-air kit. Ran 13.7 with those mods, 4cyl. This car is far from rice, nor does he think he will walk every car he encounters. He enjoys the handling, the looks, and being a convertable. His real race car is a 95'Cobra, 11.7 @123 2.0 60ft on Nitto 245 drag radials, detuned to hell, 10 second car tuned, full weight & interior. Also not your typical stang owner.. Im sure some of you have seen it at Epping in NH, Red with a very noisy S-Trim:D :cool:

Re: Re: True.....

Originally posted by kenny

I know a couple of guys with nice Hondas, no I don't consider them ricers. They are in it the same reason we are - to go faster.

Yes, he is a rice boy. Doesn't mean you can't talk to him. I'm sure you still pop a joke every once and awhile, don't lie. ;)

Very true Kenny.

Of course i'd pop in a joke every once in awhile. I the first time I saw his car. I was like "WTF is this pos" but after I went up to him at our local cruise place and talked to him, he actually turned out to be a cool guy, and didn't brag on his car, I think he knew what he had. And most shocking turned down the race I offered between my truck and him. I'm sure if one of my Camaro or Mustang friends let him take a ride in there cars he may just change his tune.

Raven, what you say is most certainly true, and what most people should look or follow by. Not everyone is a "ricer" even if there car is "riced" out. I think I was the type to judge the book by its cover before I met the guy that didn't want to race me. He was a classy guy and I felt kinda bad I put him down before I met him. But everyone that drives ANY import gets a bad rap, beit "riced" out or not, from all the other punks that put the sport compact scene to shame. This being the REAL "ricers."

Also Raven, I agree with what you say that ALL HAS THERE OWN. I've seen many o A'hole in V6 Mustangs and Camaros, or even stone stock V8 Mustangs and Camaros that think they'll obliterate anything on the street. These guys don't get the other cheek as often as the import guys, because yes, there cars are faster to begin with. But thats not the important thing here. Like I said before, its more about "whos driving the car, then what he's driving." But on the other hand, i've seen guys at the strip with V6 Camaros knock down 14.5's, not too shabby in my book for a N/A V6, and on the plus side they didn't have a snotty attitude about it.

I say "to his there own" but don't be stupid about it. If you drive a 3 cyl. GEO, but have a huge wing and 5 inch polished Folgers can under your car, don't think your gonna run down a blown stang, or modded up LS1. Unless you wanna be considered a "ricer." :D

Re: Re: Re: True.....

If you drive a 3 cyl. GEO, but have a huge wing and 5 inch polished Folgers can under your car, don't think your gonna run down a blown stang, or modded up LS1. Unless you wanna be considered a "ricer." :D

Hey, you gotta watch out for those Metro's - afterall, they did make a turbo 3cyl version. :eek: :D

I have respect for anyone who has respect for me no matter what they drive. Live and let drive. :cool:

Look, you guys are missing something. You can rice out any car. I've seen rice Camaros, rice Mustangs, etc etc. You just need the performance to back up the look.

I have GT350 badging on my Mustang. It's not a GT350, but suspension and engine wise, it is better than a stock '68 GT350. So I feel okay about that.

However, I despise Civics - even Civic Si's - with body kits and stickers from performance parts companies they obviously don't have parts from (I once saw a Civic with a Weiand sticker on it. Does Weiand make anything for Civics?) as much as the next guy. Especially rear valances with dual exhaust outlets when the car has single exhaust.

Originally posted by Terry
I hate honda drivers with a passion. This is no ordinary disdain, mind you, but the kind of fiery, white-hot disgust that I normally reserve for Bill Clinton and all democrats. What irritates me so much is that they think a car designed for practical, economic transportation is actually a race car. They spend thousands on wheels, stickers, tint and a pipe for 3 front wheel horsepower and a loss of 32 foot-pounds of torque. Maybe I'm a purist but the attraction to cars for me, as well as you guys, is the speed, the acceleration, not the desire to be seen in a certain vehicle. For import dorks, it's not about the cars. It's about image, nothing more than flash over substance like you see from so many young people (and their parents) today. You've heard my stories about the way I verbally abuse these poseurs every chance I get. As I've found in my professional life also, people will act as though they know a subject until you tell them to shut the **** up because they don't know what they're talking about. Thus I tell it like it is, at work and on the street because I cannot tolerate idiots.
We can't neglect our duty to these people and the people that have to interact with them. If we don't tell them we can't just sit back and hope that someone else will. It's like walking around with a booger hanging out of your nose. Driving a honda is much the same way. It's embarrassing but you don't realize it until someone tells you. These guys (it's hard for me to call them 'guys' when chicks with ****s is really all they are) think they look cool and tough rollin in their stickered civic. It has long been my belief that it's difficult to look like a man's man driving any four cylinder bitch-mobile, but when you try to act cool in a car designed as cheap, practical, economical transportation, it borders on ridiculous. Even more so when you count the stickers, note the A-pillar-mounted fire bottle (what's that for? It doesn't even run sixteens, if it's ever even been to a drag strip!), monster tach for the stock motor and safety belt padding that doesn't even touch your shoulder because the seat's leaned all the way back, WTF are they thinking?!
I like killing LS1s with my GN, but more than that, I like killing imports. Of all the imports out there, civic drivers must be the stupidest because it appears all the other import dorks understand that even though my car weighs more, when compared with my 300ft-lbs at 2800 rpm to their 45ft-lbs at the same rpm - I win. Except civics drivers. They almost always want some. 9 times out of 10, their loss is just embarassing, made even worse because they always have friends or girls with them. I've found that they have a lot of excuses, missed a shift, couldn't see over the tach, stickers fell off or didn't hook because they still have the stock 165 tires on it(which honda considers plenty for the power level of the car). Every now and then someone will get away from the light clean and run a bit. When they do I usually shut down by the middle of third with a huge lead. Point is, I like to hunt hondas because their owners' pea-brains tell them they have a chance, go for it! This morning I went to work early and as I pulled up to the stop at Red Bank, a lowered civic with wheels goes by. He gets a good half mile down the road before I can turn to catch him. He turns onto a highway, I follow running 80 to catch up. I pull right up behind him so he can see my big black Buick and know that I came for him. After a second I pull over and slide up next to him. At that moment my heart sank, after noticing the stock muffler on a car with a monster tach and fire bottle, I saw the driver was wearing a US Marine uniform with E5 rank on it. How could he possibly embarrass the Corps like that? The toughest guys on the planet and here was a marine driving a bitch car! Well, marine or not, time to give another lesson. I paced him, prodded him, cajoled and waited for him. No luck. We stared each other in the eye and he backed down. F***ing pansy, if you're gonna dress it up like a race car, be prepared to get picked on by fast cars. This is why I have no respect for import drivers, none, nada, zip, never will. I should start my day like that everyday. That marine is sitting at work right now thinking about how he got punked by a Sailor in a real musclecar. Probably told everyone at work how he beat a GN this morning.

GN: 49
imports: 0

OMFG! Dude, you uttered everything I've ever wanted to say!! You're my f***ing hero! LOL!

Originally posted by 68Mustang
Look, you guys are missing something. You can rice out any car. I've seen rice Camaros, rice Mustangs, etc etc. You just need the performance to back up the look.

I have GT350 badging on my Mustang. It's not a GT350, but suspension and engine wise, it is better than a stock '68 GT350. So I feel okay about that.

However, I despise Civics - even Civic Si's - with body kits and stickers from performance parts companies they obviously don't have parts from (I once saw a Civic with a Weiand sticker on it. Does Weiand make anything for Civics?) as much as the next guy. Especially rear valances with dual exhaust outlets when the car has single exhaust.

You're right dude, in fact, you can even (choke) rice out a BUICK! No sh!t. Looky here. :rolleyes:

http://groups.msn.com/TOMAPRIGLIANOS71BUICKGS

WTF is that on the back of that GS? Somebody needs to be given a serious talking to about defacing a buick....

I'm a proud owner of an American Car.
210 horse, .88~ on the skidpad.
It aint all that but its plain deadly enough for me.
Ask Ken.
I myself plan to get a japanese car one day.
Somthing I fell in love with as a kid which wasn't long ago but....
Well just like real rice (the food) there is different kinds, white rice, yellow rice, chiken fried rice, pork fried rice, brown rice, wild rice - you get the point.
But do you get MY point?
There are types of rice.
I myself won't feel ashamed to fall in certain rice categories.

But listen when I put the wing to a boieng 747 on the back of my car you have my permission to rip it off and beat me with it.

I fully intend to acknowledge my rice ownership when I buy this car. I'm even going to get a big fat white sticker with 10 inch letters put right on the windshiild.

It'll say "A side of white rice"

Oh by the way I once saw a Honda Civic with flowmasters on it!?
it sounded friggin werid.

Originally posted by jokken
I'm a proud owner of an American Car.
210 horse, .88~ on the skidpad.
It aint all that but its plain deadly enough for me.
Ask Ken.
I myself plan to get a japanese car one day.
Somthing I fell in love with as a kid which wasn't long ago but....
Well just like real rice (the food) there is different kinds, white rice, yellow rice, chiken fried rice, pork fried rice, brown rice, wild rice - you get the point.
But do you get MY point?
There are types of rice.
I myself won't feel ashamed to fall in certain rice categories.

But listen when I put the wing to a boieng 747 on the back of my car you have my permission to rip it off and beat me with it.

I fully intend to acknowledge my rice ownership when I buy this car. I'm even going to get a big fat white sticker with 10 inch letters put right on the windshiild.

It'll say "A side of white rice"

Oh by the way I once saw a Honda Civic with flowmasters on it!?
it sounded friggin werid.

Please forgive Jim. He's been into the Everclear again. ;)

Poor Jim needs to be educated as to the powers of the Dark Side. What better place than here? :D

Have a good 4th Jim. And kill a Civic or two. It ain't that hard. :cool:

Forgive me Ken I'm new to this MSG Board thing.
Also you got to remember half my generation is this "dark side"
I'm just an innocent victum of the genration gap (or should I say cavern)
You know Ken sometimes you just piss me off? :mad:

lol

Happy 4th man. I'll have some everclear for ya, i'll save the rest for my monday night drinking. peace b`

All,
I've been lucky enough to ride in a GN once in my life can't say I've felt anything faster, I still remember my skeleton compressing and my ribs discomforted. Lucky I didn't need to piss. This guy was just keeping it mellow too. Buick did a nice thing there. Do you think Buick thoughy it would result in what GNs have become today?

did any of you guys see this?
http://www.gti-vr6.net/GTI_vs_Civic/

To say you HATE all Honda owners is pretty much a stupid statement IMO. Think about it.... Do you actually hate people because of what they drive? If so, then you my friend need some serious therapy. You probably have nightmares about Hondas and that is sad.

To me fast is fast, no matter what it is in. Yeah sure, I think the rev happy idiots that rev on guys when they are just on their way to work are kinda stupid myself but, I don't hate every driver because of it.

I am GLAD to see that the majority of the people here that responded can actually tell the difference between a ricer and an import enthusiast.

BTW: Terry..... Got sentence?? :p ;)

For your viewing pleasure...Stung

Miguel

Originally posted by GNflyby
I have respect for anyone who has respect for me no matter what they drive. Live and let drive. :cool:

I totally agree!!

Miguel

Miguel, you should pee on that camera person. That could have been cool.

Fact is, the number of rice civics far out number actual tuner civics. So much so, that people are acustomed to them performing like a garbage truck with a flat, while doing their best to look like they're competing in the ALM series. You are in a particularly advantagous position, being able to back up appearance. I personally applaud people that can make a car faster and better, and then make it look better. Even more, I like sleepers.

RSPDiver... I am sorry, I apologize for the camera guy. I have my PC muted and quite honestly, I don't even remember what he may have said. It just happens to be one of the few videos I have against a stang.

I do understand where you are coming from when saying that many of these guys drive around in the manner that they do. I see it all the time as well. Then again, I see it in MANY different kinds of cars, Domestic AND import. I mostly see it with the younger drivers. As someone else said, some of the younger crowd is just trying to "fit in". Kids will be kids.

I just hope that they will be safe kids. My point here is, I just don't see any reason to hate EVERY driver of a certain MAKE and MODEL of a particular car. I hate to say it but, it almost sounds... dare I say.... racist.

Oh, well.... can't we all just get along ;) :)

P.S. If anyone would like the link to the video erased, please just say so, and I will remove it.

Miguel