GN mechanic in Memphis area

turbo3.8

Would anyone know any mechanics that have good knowledge n experience working on Grand National in Memphis area please share the info appreciated very much 🙏🙏🙏

I know of one but if you can get an appointment with him, then maybe you could put a good word in to get me an appointment as well… I’m currently waiting in line.. He stays slammed with builds. Chris Hogeland. Twisted 6 Racing. He’s very good at making big power but very busy.

Last edited:
I know of one but if you can get an appointment with him, then maybe you could put a good word in to get me an appointment as well… I’m currently waiting in line.. He stays slammed with builds. Chris Hogeland. Twisted 6 Racing. He’s very good at making big power but very busy.
Thank you for the info 👍

You are correct, there was a guy from CC that lived around Memphis and did some side work on GNs. I’ll figure it out and post.

Here's a 2004 limk....

Greg Friend is his name.

Here's a 2004 limk....

Greg Friend is his name.
Speaking of hard to find people and parts 😄 Chuck.. Do you know where to find any main caps for a 153 4.1 stage 2 block? There is a 153 casting on center block for sale out there but no main caps with it. I figure worst case is get the original specs and have some machined but there has to be a few sets out there somewhere. I’m not buying the block, just trying to help locate the main caps. I know TA sells some but not sure how their specs would match up to the old 153 castings.

May be that some of the TSO guys might have some, being most have sawed a couple blocks into many pieces.
Dave Fiscus, Bison, Jack Cotton, Twisted 6 Racing, et al.

Here's a 2004 limk....

Greg Friend is his name.
I believe he passed away sadly, seemed like a real gentleman.