GN HEADERS on EABY ?? Please HELP

TR33

Guys,
I been looking at these headers on ebay for some time now and I am alittle optermistic about buying them. The look good, but I dont know if anyone used them before. I'm wondering if someone have them currently installed on their GN, how's the flow, do the headers leak? Are they easy to install? whats the advantages / disadvantages?? Please email me your suggestions before i buy these headers, andy.singh@disney.com.

Please help See the link below.

eBay Motors: 1986 1987 Buick Grand National GN 3.8 T Type Headers (item 150069909513 end time Dec-15-06 18:11:36 PST)
or

eBay Motors: 86 87 Buick Grand National GN Turbo 3.8 T Type Header (item 330060399300 end time Dec-15-06 17:15:07 PST)

Thanks,
Andy

There is a huge thread all about them, I just read it last week.

Quick points

-They don't come with an O2 sensor bung installed
-Some hook right up with little problems, some don't
-they fit Mike Licht's jig

A couple more points that I had found with mounting a set on an engine that I had on a stand:

The Turbo flange is tilted forward too much by approx 3 degrees (when compared to a stocker)
- This may put the downpipe at an angle that faces downward and may not line up with the exhaust

The Crossover section that connects to the passenger side header needed to be shortened by about 1/4" to move the complete crossover forward so as not to interfere with the flywheel/TC cover.

These are my findings, I would guess that there are several inconsistencies between sets as some have mentioned that they have had no trouble with them, while others have fitment issues.

I had bought them early on when the price was $379 and felt if they were close, they would be good enough to fix. Now at $200 I would have felt better about them.

If you have the ability and tools to modify them, then they may be a good deal.

Even if you do get them to fit the real question is how long will they last.......

As an aside, a friend of mine just received his TA headers, and the quality, fit and finish is excellent and is reflected in the price.

Both headers are good examples of "you get what you pay for"...

I got a set and wasn't disappointed. But, you should expect to do some modifications on them. I had the motor out so it wasn't bad getting them to fit. One cut on the cross over and a little grinding to move it forward some was all it took. That was my set anyway. Others have had other problems. I'd like to hear from guys that have had them on for awhile. Pros? Cons?
Not to high jack the thread if you don't mind....Would be good info for all.

Attachments

• Headers 004 (Medium).jpg
    Headers 004 (Medium).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 135
-repair and coat my stockers
"-buy a set of TAPerformance from Bweavy"
-go with Postons

Why not just buy them from TA Performance? Does Bweavy sell other peoples stuff cheaper??

Guys,
I been looking at these headers on ebay for some time now and I am alittle optermistic about buying them. The look good, but I dont know if anyone used them before. I'm wondering if someone have them currently installed on their GN, how's the flow, do the headers leak? Are they easy to install? whats the advantages / disadvantages?? Please email me your suggestions before i buy these headers, andy.singh@disney.com.

Please help See the link below.

eBay Motors: 1986 1987 Buick Grand National GN 3.8 T Type Headers (item 150069909513 end time Dec-15-06 18:11:36 PST)
or
//cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-87-Buick-Grand-National-GN-Turbo-3-8-T-Type-Header_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQihZ014QQitemZ330060399300QQrdZ1]eBay Motors: 86 87 Buick Grand National GN Turbo 3.8 T Type Header (item 330060399300 end time Dec-15-06 17:15:07 PST)[/url]

Thanks,
Andy
If you can afford the better headers like poston or ta performance i would get them. you get what you pay for. there was someone selling atr headers in parts section. from what most people say they one of the best headers for the turbo cars. to bad you can only get used ones.lol

-repair and coat my stockers
"-buy a set of TAPerformance from Bweavy"
-go with Postons

Why not just buy them from TA Performance? Does Bweavy sell other peoples stuff cheaper??

Same price and he is right down the road from me, that's all. So yeah, it would be cheaper for me since there is no shipping.:smile: