GN has a cold:(

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
my KN air filter is placed inside my engine bay for now and later on i want to get the rest of the cold air intake from www.buickgn.com. i like the looks of the cold air setup but will putting the filter behind the headlight quiet the "sneezing" sound inside AND outside the car that is made when i let off the gas while under boost? my neighbor has a filter under his hood w/a black box around it and it has a tube coming out the end of it to suck in cold air. his cars "sneezing" sound is much less louder than mine is. if i put my filter in a box like his is setup will it flow any less than with the cold air setup behind the headlight and what will the temp differences between the 2 systems be?

Pretty much any open element air filter will give you that infamous turbo sneeze sound. It will always be there, just have to learn to ease out of the throttle. The factory setup really quiets it down but of course is very restrictive.

Why would you not like the turbo sounds? I love the turbo sounds. From the hughe sneeze from my BOV to the vacuum cleaner on steroids sound at part throttle acceleration to the car's impersonation of how a jet sounds at full throttle.. I love it :D

BOV!!! thats it! i forgot about that. the last 2 problems i dont have any dislikes about. i like the whistle, just not the sneeze through the air filter. a BOV would be a nice sound tho. hey mark, your car has flowmasters correct? b/c i downloaded the exhaust cutout video and me and my dad both love the sound of your exhaust:) are they the straight through or chambered flowmasters?

I HAD Flowmasters on it but they are long gone. What you are hearing is a THDP going thru a test pipe into a Hooker exhaust system with dual Aero Chamber mufflers that came with the system. It actually is fairly quiet which is why I like the electric cutout. Can make it louder when I feel like it.