GN for sale forum members?

Nati Beastcat

Party at the Moon Tower
Hey,

I've been looking at some clean GN's ready to fill a life long Buick void I have! Just started my search and called these guys. They didn't seem to know much on the cars history except for the fact that it was a one owner car. Probably won't buy a car this age unless I have the back history. Looks like its had some work done and I thought it might had been a forum member from here?

http://www.texasmotorcars.com/1987-Buick-Regal-Grand-National-Addison-Texas-75001/5482857

Hey,

I've been looking at some clean GN's ready to fill a life long Buick void I have! Just started my search and called these guys. They didn't seem to know much on the cars history except for the fact that it was a one owner car. Probably won't buy a car this age unless I have the back history. Looks like its had some work done and I thought it might had been a forum member from here?

http://www.texasmotorcars.com/1987-Buick-Regal-Grand-National-Addison-Texas-75001/5482857

May very well be worth the price that's being asked. However would want to know more about the mods. You can buy a shit GN and fix it and have that kind of money in it. Buying one already done is better. A less then 10k GN is getting rare.

The add says it's got 7K miles on it but these cars speedometers roll over so it could be 107. If this car is as pristine as it looks then I'd bet they got it for at least 10K less than they're asking. Do you want a show car, drag car, or trailer queen that doesn't get driven? We have a cars for sale section that has just about anything you might want from a low mileage garage queen to a stage II tube frame drag car. I've seen them go for as little as 3K and then they go up. Since you're new to the site I'd suggest you look around and start reading up before you really look into buying one. They can be a dream or a nightmare and no matter which you get, they're all a PITA.;)

The add says it's got 7K miles on it but these cars speedometers roll over so it could be 107. If this car is as pristine as it looks then I'd bet they got it for at least 10K less than they're asking. Do you want a show car, drag car, or trailer queen that doesn't get driven? We have a cars for sale section that has just about anything you might want from a low mileage garage queen to a stage II tube frame drag car. I've seen them go for as little as 3K and then they go up. Since you're new to the site I'd suggest you look around and start reading up before you really look into buying one. They can be a dream or a nightmare and no matter which you get, they're all a PITA.;)

Thanks! been lurking on here for almost a year. Keeping an eye on the for sale section as well. I'd prefer to buy from a private owner but came across this one and was hoping someone on here had owned it. The dealership didn't seem to know much about the modifications that were done which kind of scares me.

Looking for something:

-Clean
-less than 40K miles on it
-tastefully modified already
-1-2 drag strip visits a year, cruising and car shows

Nice 87 gray T-type for sale in the classified section. You wont be disappointed.

Last edited:
The weak links from the factory were the headers, fuel system and the transmission. If you had one for any length of time, you would soon experience all three after the warranty ran out! Not necessarily in that order! lol
Had it not been for the innovation of some of these board members, we probably would not be driving them today due to the lack of support for replacement parts, i.e. maf's w/translators, tr-6's, headers/d/p's, beefed up transmissions,etc.