GN Fender: No Antenna Hole?

Blown&Injected

In another thread somebody suggested that no antenna hole means it is not OEM - True or False???

Did any Regal's come with the windshield antenna? Seems like every GN I have seen had an antenna in the right fender. I ordered my car radio delete and it came with an antenna in the fender.

I have seen Regals without the hole, but they were all altered fenders. I have never seen an OEM one with no hole.

G bodys from the 78 to 88 had a antenna a radio delete had a plug in as I rember back in 86 when I bought mine

here's a pik I just went out and took.

Attachments

• GN paint 022.jpg
    GN paint 022.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 458
I have bought a few fenders from GM and they didn't have the holes. They told me it was like that because of possible radio ant. in the windshield and or radio delete on some cars. I used a special hole cutter from a body shop buddy of mine.

The cars without the antenna hole in the fender have the antenna built into the windshield. Looks nice and clean that way IMO.

This is what i had to do quite a few years back when I bought some fenders directly from the dealer. Measured out and drilled the holes.

I have bought a few fenders from GM and they didn't have the holes. They told me it was like that because of possible radio ant. in the windshield and or radio delete on some cars. I used a special hole cutter from a body shop buddy of mine.

The last year for the windshield antenna was 1983. So if you have an 84 and newer Regal without the hole than the fender was replaced. Even the radio delete Regals came with a fender mounted antenna as standard equipment. The reason replacement fenders came with no hole was because they fit 81-87 cars.

I deleted my antenna a few years ago when the power antenna gave up the ghost. Best mod ever... I hated the power antenna with a passion.

Could not find my window sticker :mad: wanted to see if it said something about the antenna. Do not recall if I asked for one, I do recall ordering Radio Delete and it came with a fixed antenna.

So it seems the answer is if it has no hole, it might be an OEM fender for older year models because the newer OEM's had the hole.

Thanks for all the replies - very informative thread!

What years of the replacement winshields with the antannaes in the glass will fit the 84-87 GNs?

82 windshield with antenna. thats whats in mine and i welded the hole up in the fender when i restored the car. it looks great

`81 Regal fender without hole (windshield antenna) on my `87 GN...consealed shaft antenna.

Attachments

• PA080013a.jpg
    PA080013a.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 239