GN Books and Manuals

sumnerw

My three GNs are long gone so its time to clear out my library.

Prices do not include shipping or insurance. PM me with a shipping address to get a shipping quote. PM with an email address if you want pics.

1. GM Parts and Illustration Catalog for Buick (44W). Three big volumes. Volumes 1 and 2 list part numbers and volume 3 has the illustrations. Covers 1982-1987 G body. Invaluable for identifying parts. Volumes 1 and 2 are in excellent condition. Volume 3 has been used the most and the back cover is coming loose. No missing pages. Some pages have notes which I trust you will find helpful. $50

2. 1987 GM Body Service Manual for Passenger Cars. Includes the G body. In excellent condition. $30

Sections include:
Model Identification and Fasteners
General Information
Stationary Glass
Underbody
Front End
Doors
Rear Quarters
Rear End
Roof
Seats
Electrical

3. Crash Estimating Guide for 1984-1992 GM Passenger Cars. Includes 1984-1987 RWD Regal. Very helpful for part numbers. In excellent condition. $20

4. Guide to the Buick Grand national, T-Type and GNX – The Facts and Figures Book by Steven L. Dove. In excellent condition. $50
Guide - Dove.jpg

5. The Buick Free Spirit Power Manual by John Thawley. In very good condition. Has some notes written on a couple of pages which I hope you will find useful. $10
Free Spirit Manual.jpg

6. V-6 Performance by Pat Ganahl. In excellent condition. $20
V-6 Performance.jpg

7. The Buick Buyer’s Guide. 1987. This is Buick’s sales brochure from 1987. In very good condition. Includes the Regal, Grand National and “T” package. Covers standard equipment, available equipment and special option packages. $10

8. The Buick Buyer’s Guide. 1986. This is Buick’s sales brochure from 1986. In very good condition. Includes the Regal, Grand National and T-Type. Covers standard equipment, available equipment and special option packages. $10

9. GM Dealer Service Bulletin 87-0-05 “1987 GNX Service Manual, Limited Warranty Supplement and Parts List”. Parts lists and illustrations covering the auxiliary transmission oil cooler, rear axle sway bar, exhaust system, fender louvers, wheel well flares and I/P gauges. In excellent condition. $20
GNX Service Bulletin.jpg

10. Hot Cars Vehicle Specifications Sheet “Dream Machines Group 2 Number 45” – 1987 Buick GNX. In excellent condition. $10.

11. Buick Power Source. THE performance bible. 176 pages. In excellent condition. $50

Section include:
Building a High-Performance V6
Cylinder Blocks
Cylinder Heads
Crankshaft
Balancing
Bearings
Flywheel and Torsional Dampener
Connecting Rods
Pistons
Valvetrain
Front Covers
Engine Lubrication
Intake System
Ignition System
Exhaust System
Operating Conditions / Blueprinting Recores
Engine Parts
Suppliers
Buick Power Source.jpg

Everything has sold except #3 (Crash Estimating Guide) and #9 (GM Dealer Service Bulletin for the GNX). I guess I must have priced everything too low!?

Everything is gone except for except #3 (Crash Estimating Guide). I do have some old GMHTP issues (like March 99 "Buicks that Fly" in mint condition) and other collectables posted in the diecast and collectables forum.

Thanks to everyone for their business.

GMHTP 1999-03.jpg

I found a couple more classics:

12. How to Hotrod Your Buick V6. $40 plus shipping to anywhere in the US. Same as content as the Buick Power Source (see #11 above) but published by HP Books. In very good condition.

How to Hotrod Your Buick V6.jpg

13. The Buick Stage II V-6 Racing Engine by Dave Emanuel. $30 plus shipping to anywhere in the US. In excellent condition.

The Buick Stage II V-6 Racing Engine.jpg

14. "Buicks That Fly!" March-1999 issue of GMHTP (see pic above). $20 plus shipping to anywhere in the US. In mint condition.

I will take 12 and 13 hahahha

I have so many of these things im not sure what I have anymore.

More GN Books and Manuals

I found 15 old issues of Boost Magazine covering Feb-96 through Apr/May-97. This was published by the Buick Grand National Racing Association until Sep-96 and by Integrated Publications thereafter. They were pretty much exclusively devoted to the Buick turbo V-6 until Feb-97 when other cars started to creep into it (like the supercharged 3800). These are loaded with technical columns, event reports, featured cars, owner builds, etc. Even the ads are fun to read.

$10 each plus shipping of $5.00 anywhere in the US regardless of number purchased. I don't ship internationally.

Boost Magazine Feb-96 through Jul-96.jpgBoost Magazine Aug-96 through Jan-97.jpgBoost Magazine Feb-97 through AprMay-97.jpg

Payment sent thanks.

Boostt76,

Thanks for the prompt payment. I was able to combine the three Boost magazines with your Buicks That Fly so no additional shipping costs were needed so I refunded the $5 back to you. Same tracking number as before for the combined shipment. Should go out to you on Monday.

Thanks,
Buzz White in Houston, TX

Do you have any other old issues of GMHTP?

In addition to the "Buicks That Fly!", I have the following issues:

July-1996
March-1997
July-1997
September-1997
November-1997
January-1998
March-1998
May-1998
July-1998
September-1998
November-1998
January-1999
July-1999
November-1999
March-2000
May-2000
July-2000
November-2000

From July-1996 through July-1998, the magazine was called just "High-Tech Performance". Beginning with September-1998, it was called "GM High-Tech Performance".

All issues are in excellent condition. All are $10 plus shipping EXCEPT May-2000 which was the "Big Bad Buicks..." issue with a GN on the cover. That one is $20 plus shipping.

Please let me know which ones you want and then I'll be able to figure the shipping and shoot you a delivered price.

Thanks for your interest,
Buzz White in Hosuton, TX

Boostt76,

Thanks for the prompt payment. I was able to combine the three Boost magazines with your Buicks That Fly so no additional shipping costs were needed so I refunded the $5 back to you. Same tracking number as before for the combined shipment. Should go out to you on monday.
Buzz White in Houston, TX
ok thanks sumnerw.