GN 5.7 LS1 turbo build

boostified

Well this may come towards the end of this build, but so much had to be tweaked along the way. Purists already don't like this none too much, but this car isn't an original, numbers matching car to begin with. My goal is low tens with this car, and hopefully I have the ability to get there.

image.jpg
First trial fit

The motor is a 99, 5.7, from a ta.
Bored .005"
Mahle pistons, rings. 8.8 to 1 cr
Eagle h- beam rods
Stock crank, cam, heads,
Arp head bolts,
Stock throttle body, intake
Holley -12 fuel rails, -12 feed line, -8 return. Aeromotive a1000, speed controller, pressure reg.
60 lb injectors.
image.jpg

I used truck manifolds and cut the ends off, welded 2-1/2" schedule 40 pipe stubs, then 2-1/2" v band flanges. These will retain heat well. Manifolds, crossover and downpipe are all fabbed by me.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    880.4 KB · Views: 253
image.jpg
I tried to get the engine as far back as possible, and it sits the passenger side head about a half inch off the firewall. Used stock 67 chevelle upper motor mounts, they are bolted to eBay adapter plates on the block. Upper mounts bolt to stock lower g body frame pads. Re drilled frame to move motor back.
Used a Chevy performance oil pan. Gives you a ton of room between the crossmember . Hangs a bit low, bout an inch below the crossmember, even with the deep tranny pan.

Very clean nice work! It turned out very nice! Do you have anymore pictures of the turbo side(passenger side) manifold? Did you mig weld everything or tig? From what i can tell it looks like mig welds.

Very clean nice work! It turned out very nice! Do you have anymore pictures of the turbo side(passenger side) manifold? Did you mig weld everything or tig? From what i can tell it looks like mig welds.
The transition from the cast manifold to the steel elbow is stick welded. Steel elbow to v band flange is tig welded, driver side is the same. Thanks .

I would like to see the passenger side as well, Thanks!!!

Great fab skills. You should get a few copies of the stuff that you did all the hard work on for others. Might make a few bucks and make it a little easier for others to take the plunge. It's odd that you used the 5.7 , everyone always go for the other cast iron variants. I am curious how well it will hold up as I have one that came out of my wifes 98 TA Vert that needs rebuilding ( knock).