GM Hydroboost - how do I get the rear nut off?

BuickMike

Money pit
So my damn hydroboost started leaking in the rear. I was just going to get another one, but nobody seems to be able to get them anymore. I was going to take it apart myself, but that nut on the rear will not come off with vice grips and requires a special tool. Anybody know what I can use?

In this end of the unit?
If you search there is a place that was offering rebuild kits, but I don't have a link handy.

So I was talking about the nut that holds on the bracket that connects it to the firewall. I then realized that I didn't need to take that off afterall. I just took it apart, however I don't know how to take the rod apart so I can replace that seal. Anyone know? Thanks for the seal kit part number by the way.

Just my two cents worth.
Last year a finally purchased a new custom Hydroboost unit from "Hydratech " after ordering and installing a remand unit
from cardone and installing it it still didn't work. I then rebuild the original with a rebuild kit to no avail again. What a pain in the a...s removing and reinstalling 2 of the things with no success. Finally broke down and dropped 500 bucks and the new hydratech unit works awesome and have not had an issue since. could not be happier with the new unit.

I saw that. What I see if the diesel unit, which is a little different from the '84 TR Hydroboost. Not sure if it has the specific seal I need, plus it is a major PITA to pop the ball out of the rod in order to get to the seal I need to replace. At this point I just went and blew $150 on another one from Autozone. It has a lifetime warranty and I know that pretty soon they will not be able to get them anymore, so if this next one breaks I will most likely just get a full refund with core fee and tax, just like I did when my PowerMaster finally gave up. When that happens I'll just put that money towards a Hydratech and be done.

Just my two cents worth.
Last year a finally purchased a new custom Hydroboost unit from "Hydratech " after ordering and installing a remand unit
from cardone and installing it it still didn't work. I then rebuild the original with a rebuild kit to no avail again. What a pain in the a...s removing and reinstalling 2 of the things with no success. Finally broke down and dropped 500 bucks and the new hydratech unit works awesome and have not had an issue since. could not be happier with the new unit.

You are so damn right. I am so freaking sick of this Chinese remanufactured crap!!!! As stated above, I'm getting one from Autozone for now because I want my car back together quickly and based on the unavailability everywhere else, when this one craps out they will just have to give me a full refund due to the lifetime warranty. That's when I will go Hydraboost if I don't sell this thing first lol.

Yeah I meant Hydratech. Well aware of them. I have friends that use them on the customs they build. If my next one craps out in a year or 2 I'll just get a refund and go this route.