Glass deck lid needed !

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Anyone got a lead on a fiberglass deck lid? My TT V/8 Regal is back in CA. & is getting back halfed & it seems the wheel tubs will interfere with stock deck lid & brackets .So I need a removeable
lid with pins.

FG Lift Off Trunk

Hey Lou

I have no personal experience with these guy's but I have heard good things about them through other people.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

They also make Raceweight Carbon-Fiber panels.

Let me know what you decide on. I would also like to add a FG or Carbon Fiber trunk to my car.

Ken

Originally posted by turbolou
Anyone got a lead on a fiberglass deck lid? My TT V/8 Regal is back in CA. & is getting back halfed & it seems the wheel tubs will interfere with stock deck lid & brackets .So I need a removeable
lid with pins.
Thanks for the leads, For your info One was located with an outfit called G body parts for 300.00 I have one other question. Who supplies those electronic cut outs that bolt to the down pipe? I have a customer request for one. Regards Lou

Originally posted by gund
Lou

Here is another place.

http://www.up22.com./malibu78.htm

and another

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/buick.html

and another

http://www.glasstek.com/

Don't buy anything from unlimited products, their stuff is junk. VFN has seriously gone way downhill on their parts, I recently picked up some very expensive carbon fiber doors and front end for the gn from them and they were $hitty to say the least. I have, however, heard good things about glasstek, probably your best route.:)

Lou,

The glasstek is the best quality that Chow and I have used.
Tell us about your project when you get a chance!!!!

i have all the vfn stuff besides the front end, and i am not very happy with it, nothing is square, the rear bumper clip took so much work to get it to loook close to corect, annd its not perfect, just close.
Grant

Originally posted by n20junkie
i have all the vfn stuff besides the front end, and i am not very happy with it, nothing is square, the rear bumper clip took so much work to get it to loook close to corect, annd its not perfect, just close.
Grant

Yep, when I called and told them their rear clip was at least 3 inches off, they told me body work is pretty usual, and everything has to be fitted.:rolleyes: I said "well no $hit, maybe you guys need to see if hairy glass will make you some molds or something.":D I am done with vfn.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Lou,

The glasstek is the best quality that Chow and I have used.
Tell us about your project when you get a chance!!!!
Thanks John! The TT V8 is back in CA. & is currently in a chassis shop getting back halfed. The new owners name is Bob Lillegard After much pondering & a little coaxing fro me .He bought it & I will get to maintain it. Probably much like your deal with Chris.I get more pleasure out of working on these cars vs owning them. It's kinda like haveing grand children.You get to have fun with them & then send them home to thier parents LOL
How serious Bob is & how far this project goes is anyones guess for now. I don't have to tell you how much dedication is involved. Buying it was the easy part. So I'll keep you posted. Lou

Glasstek and VFN are junk, the owner of Glasstek is the son of the owner of VFN, all the race glass available for the Regal body is garbage compared to ANY major company that makes glass for other race cars. You will have a ton of work either way!

Well bill, before the carbon stuff you have now, where were you planning on shopping for your door? Is rod n race worth a $hit? I am fed up at this point, really wish hairy glass did parts for the regal body.

it would be nice if someone did nice fiberglass work for our cars, its frustrating to spend a few grand on fiberglass to have to cut it all up just to get it to fit properly
Grant

Originally posted by Big Stu
Well bill, before the carbon stuff you have now, where were you planning on shopping for your door? Is rod n race worth a $hit? I am fed up at this point, really wish hairy glass did parts for the regal body.

I paid 700.00 for a pair of Rod N Race doors, They are too heavy for my liking, they are put together well. I will sell them for half that if you are interested. I am sure they would need fitment.

how heavy are those doors bill, are the hinge areas beefier than the rest of the door or are they just heavy all over,
Grant

Originally posted by n20junkie
how heavy are those doors bill, are the hinge areas beefier than the rest of the door or are they just heavy all over,
Grant

Hinge area is reinforced as well as the outer skin. They dont "oil can" like most glass doors.They are heavier than VFN fiberglass, I will probably bring them to BG to sell.

Bill, I am going with a carbon set up if I can ever find someone who makes them that doesn't have their head up their ass. I appreciate the offer though, I'm sure you'll have no problem selling them.:)

Grant, I'll answer for bill, I'm sure he doesn't mind.:D Bill is now running a carbon front clip and doors off barry walker's old car. That should save enough weight for the 2 tenths he needs.:eek: :D

Originally posted by turbolou
lid with pins.
Thought I had the deck lid issue handled but no luck. Looks like I need a pin on lid for sure. Would the fellow who PM me with one & spoke to Bob the owner of the car. Please get back with me. I erased the message & now I need to get back in touch 949-378-1590 Thanks Lou