Give me your opinion on how you would hook all this stuff up

Intercooler

Scratching my head on the best way to hook all these pieces up without sharing sources too much and to make the install flow better. I have a Racegate which I am using in combination with Turbonetics boost valve. This requires vacuum and boost. The alcohol hobbs and boost gauge I am going to share the line coming off the vacuum block and eliminate the MAP sensor. My turbo doesn't have a fitting in the compressor cover like most turbos to tap off of but I plan on adding it to pick up boost to feed the boost valve. Then the only other thing I need is a vacuum source to feed the other side of the Racegate. Think I need to tap the upper plenum and pull from there? Give me your thoughts if you have this much crap tied together. Thanks!

http://home.att.net/~jesse.adkins/Flow.jpg

WELLLLL
Dats arot of stuv.......
How about making a custom vacuum/boost distribution block? Similar to what the car has on top of the plenum now? You could run a large tap from somewhere to the "main" hook in and then go from there. Mount it down on the fram rail or where the MAP used to be. Done with a little thought, it could actually look cool.

Just a thought.

I guess I don't have anywhere else to go but take the upper plenum off and tap it for a fitting to tie in the actuator.

If you have an aluminum Vacuum block, why not drill and tap that. there's probably room on the back side.

Might be easier to do the plenum itself though.

Originally posted by Intercooler
Then the only other thing I need is a vacuum source to feed the other side of the Racegate.

Hello Jesse,

I was wondering what you meant by this? Since you are using a boost controller, the output side of the controller would go to the "vacuum" port on the top of the gate. If this is what you meant, n/m :p

If anything, it will help clean up the install ;)

Well I guess we can keep the systems seperate since it looks like the vacuum block will take care of the extras.

As for the Racegate it has two ports, boost and vacuum. It looks as if I will need to tap the compressor on the turbo to pull boost then feed it back to the boost valve in the car. I guess from the boost valve it then goes back to the boost port on the Racegate. This leaves just the vacuum port. So are you saying tee into the same boost line to feed the vacuum port on the Racegate or should it be seperate? Just seemed the instructions and drawing wasn't fool-proof:)

Jesse,

Basically what you would need to do is to run a line from the boost port on the gate to the inlet of the controller that is Tee'ed to your boost source. Then a line from the outlet of the controller goes to the vacuum source on the top of the gate.

Now go smoke some V8s :p

So the turbo will work just fine for boost and vacuum or do you suggest another source for vacuum seperate from the turbo?

Originally posted by Intercooler
So the turbo will work just fine for boost and vacuum or do you suggest another source for vacuum seperate from the turbo?

Vacuum has to come from the manifold. Vacuum is created by the throttle body. There is NEVER a vacuum on the turbo side of the thottle body.

Boost has to come from the compressor side of the turbo. The closer to the turbo the stronger the signal.

Okay

I took out the alchy and boost gauge since they will just draw from the vacuum block.

As for the Racegate, how does this new version look:

http://home.att.net/~jesse.adkins/Flow.jpg

I guess from what you guys are saying I should just drill the upper plenum and draw vac/boost from there to feed the Racegate loop. Doesn't anyone else run an external that can explain their routing?